Coopers watery eyes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Greenfield, In.
For the last few days Cooper has had very watery eyes. Nothing has changed so I don't have a clue why this going on. So I don't know if anybody can give me any ideas but I thought I would at least ask. I still use coco coir and the same food. Thanks in advance for any ideas! Have a great day. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is normal for Sulcatas. They are sometimes referred to (in their native country) as the Crying Tortoise. But, it also sometimes means that they are being kept too dry.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yvonne: its funny you say that because I just about put that in my post, that it looked like he was crying, it made me feel bad! So I spent a lot of extra time with him the last few days, or more like him with me, which he always seems to like. He will bump my nose as he has almost always done, then he will walk around then cuddle up next to me, like he always does. Thanks a lot for your input! I think I will also soak him a little bit more too since the weather here is cool and the humidity is way down, which is another thing I was wondering about too Laura, so thank you too!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Hi Angela!! Other then him crying me a river, lol, he is great! He was 554 grams the other day! He is getting so big sooo fast! My little boy is growing into a man lol!! Good to hear from u! How is your herd doing?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi Chris....I am so glad he is doing good....maybe he is just passionate and compelled to shed a tear...:)P) He is growing fast!!!!!

My guys and gals are all great....the guys will have their last given meal today (that is if it heats up here today) and no more for the season (except for the nibbles they can scrounge in their yards) preparing for winter sleep. Gonna miss the boys...the new RFs seem to be holding their own :p

A new pic of Cooper would be fun :D:D:D:D:D you know, We LOVE PICS :p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Glad that all kids are doing good! I'm so happy Cooper don't do the winter sleep, that would really bum me out... its only 56 here today, hoping it will warm up next week so my boy can go outside a little more before winter hits. I will take some new pic's when I get home from work. I got a good one, I will take a pic of him next to the thing they shiped him here in back in Feb. so u can see how much he has grown in 7 months. Keep in mind he had a bit of room to move in it when he came here in it, hehe! Have a great day! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Sorry I didn't get pics up yet. The wife, daughter, myself, and my sis her husband and kids are at Kings Island in Ohio today. So I will get them up tomorrow sometime after we get home. Got to hurry and get back home to take care of my little son. Have a great day! :)

tczar

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
el paso tx
cemmons12 said:
Sorry I didn't get pics up yet. The wife, daughter, myself, and my sis her husband and kids are at Kings Island in Ohio today. So I will get them up tomorrow sometime after we get home. Got to hurry and get back home to take care of my little son. Have a great day! :)

kings island? we love cedar point!!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
tczar said:
cemmons12 said:

kings island? we love cedar point!!

Oh yeah, we went there about 7 years ago, that place is the bomb! The best coasters around!

Coopers 10 month pictures as promised, but a few days late, sorry Angela! The little box in the picture is what he was in when he was shipped to me when he was 2 months old, so he makes it look like a matchbox now just after 8 months later. Have a great day! :)
IMG_20111002_185448.jpg
IMG_20111002_185701.jpg
IMG_20111002_185054.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Chris, he is beautiful (Handsome, I know--he's a boy) and what a precious face....that last one really sends it home on how great he is thriving...awesome and thanks for sharing your boy... :p

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks Angela! I will be looking forward to seeing some new pics of your crew! Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.