Couple Red-footed questions…

rhenry2424

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
I have a really little (fits in my palm) guy/gal (most my reptiles are male so I assume male) we purchased a few months back…

1. He’s a really picky eater. Most things I can introduce more than once and he will eat the 2nd or 3rd time, the exception is greens. He will ONLY eat Collard greens and refuses to eat any others. And he definitely wants the bagged stuff. It’s like he can tell if it’s bagged over the bundle. He use to eat spinach at the pet store, and I haven’t tried that because I read spinach isn’t that great for them.

2. His eyes… I’ve noticed that at times his eyes are really watery. Is this normal?

3. He seems to really like sleeping a lot lately. I feel like I have to wake him to eat or he won’t. He stays in his little hide.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Give us the type of lighting you are using?
Type of heat using?
Temps, day, night warm side coil side?
Humidity?
How often soaking?
Pic of enclosure would help too.

mojo_1

Saint Clairsville OH
I 2nd above post. My little redfoot tort got a respiratory infection and lost his appetite. But on top of that their living conditions need to be perfect for their digestive system to work properly as well as they need to be comfortable. So we do need all the information @wellington asked for above.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Give us the type of lighting you are using?
Type of heat using?
Temps, day, night warm side coil side?
Humidity?
How often soaking?
Pic of enclosure would help too.
So many new members don't realise that even one of these conditions being wrong can cause the problem, so that's why the details are needed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So many new members don't realise that even one of these conditions being wrong can cause the problem, so that's why the details are needed.
Yes and even when asked for the information we need to properly help them, they still skip over half the questions we asked.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Welcome to the forum, rhenry2424. I hope you will take the time to try to answer the important questions asked. Maybe it will result in a quick resolution for your little pet. Thanks.