COWBOY

MPappagallo

Location (City and/or State)
Myrtle Beach, SC
Our most popular male aldabra tortoise at our breeding program is undoubtedly Cowboy. Cowboy is just over 480 pounds and one of the most friendly and gentle giant aldabra tortoises we have ever known. Almost every customer and visitor gets a picture with Cowboy if possible. My photo archives involving Cowboy extend back over a decade and thought it would be proper for him to have his our thread. Cowboy is a keepers dream, hope everyone enjoys his pictures.

View attachment 187038
I am new to the forum...as well as to the tortoise world. I have been spending lots of time here (as well as other places) doing research to make the right decision before I purchase my first tort. I met a man today that has an aldabra about 14" long...not sure of age. He also has several large (over 100lbs) sulcatas. I spent time with the two different breeds....and I was completely taken with the aldabra. His was extremely friendly and sociable. He loved interacting with people, and kept walking up and sitting on my foot until I sat down to pet him. LOL Are all aldabras this friendly? I just spent the last hour looking at all the pics in your gallery, and it seems as if your aldabras are all very sociable as well. I am definitely going to do more research on this breed to see if it might be a good choice for me. I just wanted to say that yours look truly amazing....especially Cowboy! What a magnificent tortoise! You are so lucky to have him.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I am new to the forum...as well as to the tortoise world. I have been spending lots of time here (as well as other places) doing research to make the right decision before I purchase my first tort. I met a man today that has an aldabra about 14" long...not sure of age. He also has several large (over 100lbs) sulcatas. I spent time with the two different breeds....and I was completely taken with the aldabra. His was extremely friendly and sociable. He loved interacting with people, and kept walking up and sitting on my foot until I sat down to pet him. LOL Are all aldabras this friendly? I just spent the last hour looking at all the pics in your gallery, and it seems as if your aldabras are all very sociable as well. I am definitely going to do more research on this breed to see if it might be a good choice for me. I just wanted to say that yours look truly amazing....especially Cowboy! What a magnificent tortoise! You are so lucky to have him.

~ Straight up, Cowboy is the exception....all of our other males are not remotely as friendly and females not even close either. Please don't base Cowboy on other male aldabra's. There are friendly ones, however the truth is not all and many are fare less. I would say that aldabras are more friendly than sulcatas, however there are exceptions.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hey Greg, what kind of oatmeal was that you use for ants?
I saw it on FB but can't find it. Couldn't remember if it was oatmeal or grits.