Crazy Story!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
So as most of you know about a month ago now my hatchlings started hatching. They all hatched one right after the other and 19/20 hatched. Great results! Well today I go to check on the incubator and sure enough the other egg had started to hatch! That's 100% hatch rate. Didn't see that one coming! :)

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
YAY! So your telling me the same clutch I have, there's still one that barely hatched??!

Another question...How long do you wait for them to hatch before you give up? Or how do you even know if one will hatch or not? What do you do with them if they don't hatch or make it? Sorry LOL just curious :p

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I usually let them go about 2 months after the rest hatch. I have a seperate container I put them in in the incubator. Sometimes they will get discolored and go bad. Hard to tell other times.

MORTYtheTORTY

5 Year Member
Cali
:( how sad!! Are you used to it by now? IDK if I could handle that with every clutch....So what about those expensive incubators that I been seeing online and in stores...do those promise a 100% hatch rate or does it work better than a homemade container?

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I have a nice scientific incubator. It's not sad at all, they aren't dieing or anything they just aren't fertile. No incubator can guarantee a 100% hatch rate. 100% is pretty rare. Some eggs won't be fertilized, that's just how nature works.

Status
Not open for further replies.