Crazy temps!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I'm pretty sure there would have been fog on the mountain tops too, Yvonne, variety is the spice of life!

tglazie

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, TX
It's been crazy here in TX too. It was 80 on Sunday and the high yesterday was 43 and it right at freezing this morning.

I'm also in Texas, and crazy describes it rather well. But honestly, spring time weather in south Texas is always crazy. It can be nineties and dry, seventies and raining, or forties and misting, all in the space of a week. Heck, last year, a late onset freeze hit in the middle of April and killed off all my mulberry leaves. Being Pakistani mulberries (read tough as nails), they grew back, but that little bit certainly put a strain on my collards, cactus and hibiscus. With all the ground plants, I have a contingency that involves a tarp and a 1 am spray, given that the cool evaporation raises the temperature a degree or two above freezing and the tarp keeps the frost off. But the trees can have some trouble if it gets bad enough. Hopefully, though, it just doesn't get that bad, lest I have to start contemplating building a bigger greenhouse.

T.G.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I'm pretty sure there would have been fog on the mountain tops too, Yvonne, variety is the spice of life!

I agree about variety. This am I was out in my tshirt doing the cats, tonight it will be only single digits (and a wind).