Critique my setup.

DuckieGo

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
So here's what we have at the moment. Yes I am back ill stop bein a sensative lady haha. You can't see inside super well due to humidity I apologize but it just means it works. I have a hide. 2 light fixtures with their own perspective switches one is Che and the other is UV just turn on off and the other on for day/night. I just move hide basking pad depending which light is on. 90 is the average temp here. Humidity stays 75 to 85. I keep a gauge on the back wall that tells both. We still have air exchange at the sides so it's not completely tight sealed for oxygen. Thoughts observations inputs. It's just a hide and basking area along with food water nothing super extravagant I do not use moss or anything. Substrate is coconut fiber holds moisture well. I will add on when its no longer hatchling size.

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_205341.jpg
    IMG_20220504_205341.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What species of tort is this for and how big/old?
You don't need to move the hide or basking pad.
90 all over is a bit high. The basking should be 95-100 but all over should be 80/85 or depending on species 75- to 80/85.
No light at night just che with night temps no lower then 80 or again depending on species like a Russian can have 60's at night.

DuckieGo

Oregon
What species of tort is this for and how big/old?
You don't need to move the hide or basking pad.
90 all over is a bit high. The basking should be 95-100 but all over should be 80/85 or depending on species 75- to 80/85.
No light at night just che with night temps no lower then 80 or again depending on species like a Russian can have 60's at night.
HI this is a sulcata hatchling

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay then a sulcata hatchling needs no lower then 80-85 day and night all over with basking of 95-100 and humidity at least 80% day and night.