Crush And Clauida's (Inside Enclosure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlet_2007

5 Year Member
Ok this is what I got so far... I'm going to be cutting out a hole on the cool side and putting in a tub for them to dig and such in soon.. Also going tile the rest of the 2nd story and make a ramp for it for them as well..

DSC00589.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00593.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

Charlet_2007

5 Year Member
Merry Christmas all: as you read this think about it...its so true

The Mayonnaise Jar and 2 Beers

When things in your life seem almost too much to handle, when 24 hours in a day are not enough, remember the mayonnaise jar and the 2 beers.

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front
of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full.

They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the gold balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full.

They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full.

The students responded with an unanimous 'yes.
'

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand.

The students laughed.

'Now,' said the professor as the laughter subsided, 'I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The gold balls are the important things -- your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions -- and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car.

The sand is everything else -- the small stuff. 'If you put the sand into the jar first,' he continued, 'there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

'Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take time to get medical checkups. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the disposal.

Take care of the golf balls first -- the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.
' One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, 'I'm Glad you asked.
'

The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of Beers with a friend.

THE END

Have a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Montreal, QC, Canada
Amazing totoise Charlet_2007 and thanks for sharing the little story, I really liked it :)
Merry X-mas and Happy new year 2009 to you too :)

krissy2288

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
california
not to be a downer but i think you should put a hide in there, the reason she goes in the corner with her face against the wall is because she is trying to feel safe and a hide gives them security. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Not only that, but in my OPINION it is too small for two sulcatas of that size. That habitat might be ok for a couple of hatchling to yearling, but way too small for tortoises of that size.

Yvonne

M

Maggie Cummings

And it's my opinion that the lights are too far away.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Personally I think it is way to small also, and the surface too slick. There is no way for the torts to get the proper excersize. Lack of excersize can lead to muscle atrophy and pyramiding. The slick surface can be damaging to muscles and joints. There is also nothing in there to hold any humidity at all. And I agree on the lights... Most UV lights are only effective at 20" or less. That means that they should be mounted no more than 20" from the bottom of the enclosure, or the basking area.

Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.