CUT ON THE NECK! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OLYMPIA , WA
Hey there, came home from work and checked on my tort and saw that she had some blood on her neck. It looks like her shell has rubbed on the back of her neck and has caused a sore.

Is this normal for torts and what can i do to help her.

Thanks!!!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
you can put some antibiotic cream on it, but besides that not much. Occasional injuries from shell rubbing is quasi normal.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
Not to much to worry about now, but if you see an infection thats when you should go to a vet.

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
OLYMPIA , WA
I have moved her to a serparate inclosure with out any dirt and i have a hide food and water for her with heat is this ok. I just dont want the open sore to get dirty. I was thinking two days just to be sure.

I cleaned her up and put on some neosporin.

nicoleandrocky

5 Year Member
California
MOOSE4PRESIDENT said:
I have moved her to a serparate inclosure with out any dirt and i have a hide food and water for her with heat is this ok. I just dont want the open sore to get dirty. I was thinking two days just to be sure.

I cleaned her up and put on some neosporin.

sounds good
what substrate are you using (if any)
newspaper?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This usually happens because the tortoise is trying to climb the walls, slips down quickly, catching its head out of the shell. Is your habitat big enough with enough visual barriers to make the tortoise have something to do besides try to escape? Can he see out through the walls of the habitat?

MOOSE4PRESIDENT

5 Year Member
OLYMPIA , WA
Thanks for all the help everyone.

The enclouser is a 6foot kiddy pool that has 12inch sides but with the substrate there maybe 8inches. I have noticed recently that when we get home see is out of it and tucked in the corner of the room or by a box. I think maybe she is bored. Planning on building something bigger just need to figure out a design

Status
Not open for further replies.