Cyclone’s growth

Djkitten76

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I’ve used this to move him around and it doesn’t seem too steep I’ll sink it down and see how it works

txturtledude

5 Year Member
DFW Area, Texas
Instead of me making assumptions based on previous experiences with cases like this from ATC, I would like to invite Andy here to give us the facts about how this baby was started. @Az tortoise compound

Andy,
Was this baby started in a closed chamber with warm humid monsoon conditions, or was it outside all day in AZ?
How often was the baby soaked?
Did you hatch and start this baby, or was it purchased from another breeder and resold?
@Az tortoise compound

Patiently awaiting a response...

348-large-9-patient-bear-cool-dog-i0.jpg

Djkitten76

Arizona
Are you allowed to post youtube links, if so I found info on how ATC cares for their tortoises?
I actually have a few of those terracotta dishes ill put them in his enclosure.

Djkitten76

Arizona
Cyclone seems to have stopped eating. I think he has "hatchling failure syndrome". I'm going to try to take him outside every day for this week if possible and try everything, I've bought mazuri tortoise diet and he still won't eat it. I changed his bowl and still no effect. At this point, I'll try my best but I don't know if Cyclone will live for the rest of this month. :(

Miscally

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cyclone seems to have stopped eating. I think he has "hatchling failure syndrome". I'm going to try to take him outside every day for this week if possible and try everything, I've bought mazuri tortoise diet and he still won't eat it. I changed his bowl and still no effect. At this point, I'll try my best but I don't know if Cyclone will live for the rest of this month. :(
I'm so sorry. [emoji20] I hope he comes. round.

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
I just feed them hibiscus and take him outside occasionally to eat the grass and walk around. I read the 2 links you referenced and it seems like that’s what’s happening, I ordered him from a local breeder called Arizona Tortoise Compound, from what I see they take great care of them. I will start feeding Cyclone more variety. I also noticed yesterday during his soak I watched him lower his head under that water and hold it there for about 30 seconds then I took him out and put him under his heater. When I did that his head seemed like it just followed gravity and quickly fell to which ever angle I held him at. When I poked his head he didn’t move. This morning he walked around then went right back to sleep. Is this normal?

I have a question whether there is any fertilizer or pesticide on your grass when he's out there?

Djkitten76

Arizona
Doesn’t wake much, carapice feels soft, seems to have all symptoms of what Tom listed for “tortoise failure syndrome” very worried :(