D/E question

Bass.Isles

My Grammy has a pretty minor ant ussue in her 15 year old Sulcatas outdoor enclusure. She deals a lot with aquariums and has "aquarium quality" D/E. Would that be okay to put all in her Freda's enclosure? If not, where would she get "food quality" D/E? Thanks in advance, y'all!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I'd assume aquarium quality is synonymous with pool grade, and not safe to use. Food grade d/e can usually be found with pest control supplies, or at feed stores.

Bass.Isles

I'd assume aquarium quality is synonymous with pool grade, and not safe to use. Food grade d/e can usually be found with pest control supplies, or at feed stores.
Well, I was just asking because i know it does not harm fish at all. So i was curious as to if it would harm a tortoise if it doesn't at all harm fish. But I will tell her to go to Spar or something and look in the pest section. Will it actually be labeled "food grade"? or will any D/E in the pest section suffice?

Bass.Isles

She's going to snap a pic and send it to me in a bit so I can post it for y'all to tell me what you think.