Daffodil Sulcata PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pennsylvania
This is one of my two big sulcata's that I adopted last year. Her name is "Big Girl."

I decided to take her outside during some warm weather and let her smell these Spring daffodils in my yard.
I guess they smelled really good as they soon became a food target rather quickly!

Don't worry, I only let her eat a few flowers and saved the rest to enjoy looking at. :)

SpringSulcata3.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That would be a pretty picture for next year's calendar!

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I didn't know that they could eat Daffodils. I just bought some at Trader Joes because I absolutely love them in my kitchen window. They are so beautiful especially the ones in your garden. Yvonne's right though it would be perfect for the calendar next year. Candy

M

Maggie Cummings

Spring hasn't quite started here but the daffodils are up and I didn't know they were edible...Bob's gonna get some tomorrow...I love that picture...

PATMAN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Hey, I just checked out online and found out daffodil flowers are toxic. So don't fed them to your torts! I didn't realize that while I was taking the picture. The few flowers she ate shouldn't have hurt her.

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
“Big Girl” really fits her. :) That’s a great photo.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice pic Patrick, Big girl is beautiful and the flowers have an amazing colors. Too bad, these flowers are toxic because they are beautiful and must look yummy in a tortoise eyes.

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
any word on daisys?

i don't want tortimer to eat that patch, but man he's determined.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Tortoises seem to be able to handle alkaloid plants better than mammals. The toxic plant lists are usually geared towards mammals. When I first built my Manouria pen the tortoises ate the iris down to the ground then they dug up the bulbs and ate them too. If you look on the toxic plants lists, iris and bulbs are toxic. No ill effects to my tortoises at all.

Yvonne

aktech23

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Crazy1 said:
aktech23 what type of daisys?

i think they are wild, we have an area were we keep reseeding them. this time of year they explode.

my wife is the gardener, she'll know specifics.

my sully is determined. the garden area is raised, then most plants are in containers.

when he gets to that patch it's like heaven. many flowers he ignores.

that area is getting raised a few more bricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.