daily routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzypets

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
So I have a young hmm about 18mo.old sulcata and I want to know if this is normal or not. She wakes up and roams and eats at about 9:00 each morning, passes out under the basking lamp till about noon. Then she goes to her hide and sleeps for about 2 hours roams again and repeats till about 8:00 pm and roams some more till she goes to sleep between 8:30 and 9 pm in the open and not in her hide. The first few months I had her she would always go to her hide to sleep at night which I understood to be normal due to predation and all that. So why is she staying out of it now when she sleeps and is her daily routine normal for a sulcata of her age.
Thanks

samstar

5 Year Member
My torts have their own moods, sometimes they sleep in the hut, sometimes in the open.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Jazzypets said:
So I have a young hmm about 18mo.old sulcata and I want to know if this is normal or not. She wakes up and roams and eats at about 9:00 each morning, passes out under the basking lamp till about noon. Then she goes to her hide and sleeps for about 2 hours roams again and repeats till about 8:00 pm and roams some more till she goes to sleep between 8:30 and 9 pm in the open and not in her hide. The first few months I had her she would always go to her hide to sleep at night which I understood to be normal due to predation and all that. So why is she staying out of it now when she sleeps and is her daily routine normal for a sulcata of her age.
Thanks

Pretty much normal, except she's less afraid, now, so doesn't always use her hidey-box.

zzzdanz

5 Year Member
Boston
All of mine are different,but they each have their routine.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi "Jazzypets":

Welcome to the forum!! May we know your name and where you are?

Jazzypets

5 Year Member
USA
emysemys said:
Hi "Jazzypets":

Welcome to the forum!! May we know your name and where you are?

Sure why not :D My name is Jazmine I live in so cal and my sulcata's name is Casey

SILVERSTAR

5 Year Member
sacramento california
Jasmine, sounds pretty much like my tortoises routine,once mine got really comfortable around me he started not always sleeping in his hide,jus means shes not so scared anymore. Sumtimes mine will sleep in,in the mornings until i pull him out for a soak.

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
My 2 yr old sulcata never sleeps in his hide. He dug out a place in the corner under the night heat bulb and he always sleeps there.

Status
Not open for further replies.