Dandelion Greens from Sprouts Market

YoungSheldon

Location (City and/or State)
Blythe, CA
Shopping options are slim in my neighborhood but a friend made the trek from civilization to visit me today. And brought dandelion greens!

I don’t know if all Sprouts locations carry them. The two bunches pictured were purchased in Long Beach, CA. The Sprouts website shows locations in several states, so I thought I’d post this, especially when I see so many “what should I feed my new baby tort” questions.

I haven’t seen a dandelion growing here since May, really not much of anything during this last month of 120 degree days, so I’m really excited to have a quality grocery store green to add to my little Sheldon’s current food mix. The leaves are huge, too, most 9-10 inches long, and it looks like there were about 25 leaves in each bunch. The cost was $3.49 per bunch. I do think they are dandelion, not chicory, but I’m no expert.IMG_0355.jpegIMG_0356.png

COmtnLady

Colorado
I love Sprouts! The nearest one is about 45 miles away, but I go there at least once per month, usually twice. They do great produce! I get my Tort's radicchio there, plus a bunch of other things. They have the place it came from/was grown posted and do as much from local as they can (obviously we have winter and then veggies have to come from South America and Mexico), I really like supporting local growers and the shorter shipping time that involves (hence, nutrients are more viable).

Last edited:

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
I feel jealous as I see people posting about buying dandelion greens at the grocery store! They don't sell that here in Finland, but on the other hand dandelion greens can be collected here wild quite late into the fall.