Dandelions

macky2002

Location (City and/or State)
Cyclone Pa
My Russian Tort has decided he likes dandelions I was making his outside enclosure and there was some in there and he was eating them will he be ok

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
My Russian Tort has decided he likes dandelions I was making his outside enclosure and there was some in there and he was eating them will he be ok

Like others have said already, all is good. Heres a short video of our Sully enjoying some in our garden.

Feed away!

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
To this DAY my yard does not grow Dandelion...makes me mad. Buying it isn't exactly easy either without looking up certain stores. So consider yourself lucky, it is one of the best foods for them and you have it for free.

macky2002

Cyclone Pa
I am collecting seeds from them for winter to grow now sense everyone said they are good I have collected many seeds now I hope I have a green thumb as they say

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
If your :tort: eats a lot, it can turn the urates pink (slight tinge) but all around a good food.

MICHAELV88

Chicago
Hi all, we recently got a new tortoise added to the family. we've had him/her for about a week now, Ive been feeding (Leonardo as my son has named him/her) kale and the dry pellets from the pet store. What else can I mix in with it's food I want options. I seen many people say dandelions are good for them, I have a ton of those in my front and back yard! do I just give the cap or feed the whole dandelion stem and all?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hi all, we recently got a new tortoise added to the family. we've had him/her for about a week now, Ive been feeding (Leonardo as my son has named him/her) kale and the dry pellets from the pet store. What else can I mix in with it's food I want options. I seen many people say dandelions are good for them, I have a ton of those in my front and back yard! do I just give the cap or feed the whole dandelion stem and all?
Leaves stem flowers and all. As far as what to feed your tortoise we'd need to know what kind of Tortoise you have. Different species require different diets. It would would probably also help to help to start your own thread.