Danny

philipgreece

Location (City and/or State)
Kefalonia
Good morning all! I have found a big place in nature and I bring then almost everyday to give them practice and sun about 30 minutes! I wake them up in the morning because i work at noon until late at night!It's 5 minutes from my home that big park! They explore the place and they run!I was checking my Danny's conditions and I compared some photos some months ago!If you notice well guys you will see some small marks on the shell! It seems to be under the shell! What could it be? Stress? Overfeeding or something else?

Attachments

• IMG_1719737766140.jpg
    IMG_1719737766140.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240630_104249.jpg
    20240630_104249.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240630_104239.jpg
    20240630_104239.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240630_102921.jpg
    20240630_102921.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello! These marks are definitely not from overfeeding or stress. However, I don't know what is it. I hope @Yvonne G , @zovick or @wellington can tell if it's okay.

Please, be very careful in the park - if someone walks with the dogs there and just because they can disappear in a blink of an eye. Maybe it would be easier to take only one tortoise with you, altering the days.

philipgreece

Kefalonia
Hello! These marks are definitely not from overfeeding or stress. However, I don't know what is it. I hope @Yvonne G , @zovick or @wellington can tell if it's okay.

Please, be very careful in the park - if someone walks with the dogs there and just because they can disappear in a blink of an eye. Maybe it would be easier to take only one tortoise with you, altering the days.
Yes that's a nice idea with one tortoise but I'm with them all the time when I release then I park! There are no dogs in this area and I rarely see people with dogs with them!

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Yes that's a nice idea with one tortoise but I'm with them all the time when I release then I park! There are no dogs in this area and I rarely see people with dogs with them!
They may go in different directions, then something may distract you and you may lose one of them. That's how it often happens. They are much like little kids, only harder to find :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree to take one at a time or build a safe outdoor enclosure at your home, which would be best. We see so many lost on here from people doing what you are doing. Also, if you have two, hopefully you are not housing them together. Tortoises should never be in pairs.
Another thing you can do is rig up something like in the photo. Doesn't have to be a balloon but something that sticks up high.
As for the marks, I have no idea. Never seen something like that, that's under the shell.
He looks great otherwise.
Screenshot_20240630-065642.png

philipgreece

Kefalonia
I agree to take one at a time or build a safe outdoor enclosure at your home, which would be best. We see so many lost on here from people doing what you are doing. Also, if you have two, hopefully you are not housing them together. Tortoises should never be in pairs.
Another thing you can do is rig up something like in the photo. Doesn't have to be a balloon but something that sticks up high.
As for the marks, I have no idea. Never seen something like that, that's under the shell.
He looks great otherwise.
View attachment 373123
Oh what an nice idea with balloon! I don't keep them together! My problem is that I have told this before is that I share the house with someone else and I don't have the permission to build big enclosures! That's why I give them practice in big parks! Now my huge problem is that my Danny always goes after for small rocks to eat them! I have thus problem and it's very exhausting! I every day give him cuttlebone in his food in powder form! I feed him also cactus and other good foods that contains calcium and still have the problem with Danny that tries to eat rocks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If you can get MinerAll use that. It has stopped a lot of tortoises from eating rocks.
Also, don't forget. When info is repeated, that you may have answered many times, you are one of thousands of members. I/we can't remember the situation of all of the tortoises.

philipgreece

Kefalonia
If you can get MinerAll use that. It has stopped a lot of tortoises from eating rocks.
Also, don't forget. When info is repeated, that you may have answered many times, you are one of thousands of members. I/we can't remember the situation of all of the tortoises.
I give him aloe vera! I hope is good!

zovick

10 Year Member!
Good morning all! I have found a big place in nature and I bring then almost everyday to give them practice and sun about 30 minutes! I wake them up in the morning because i work at noon until late at night!It's 5 minutes from my home that big park! They explore the place and they run!I was checking my Danny's conditions and I compared some photos some months ago!If you notice well guys you will see some small marks on the shell! It seems to be under the shell! What could it be? Stress? Overfeeding or something else?
The marks I see are normal and nothing to worry about.