Dark lines

Jabbathetortiose

Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia
Hi, I've had my baby sulcata for 6 months now, when I got him compared to now his shell lines are way darker but not as thick or dark as other or even younger sulcatas. I was wondering what causes this and if there is something wrong, any help would be appreciated??

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi, I've had my baby sulcata for 6 months now, when I got him compared to now his shell lines are way darker but not as thick or dark as other or even younger sulcatas. I was wondering what causes this and if there is something wrong, any help would be appreciated??
Without a picture, we can only guess at what you mean.

Most new growth on young sulcatas looks darker than the original shell after a few months of time. IE, it will be more of a red-brownish color than the original shell. Perhaps that is what you are noticing, but again, without a photo, I am just guessing at what you are seeing.

Jabbathetortiose

Philadelphia
Hi, I've had my baby sulcata for 6 months now, when I got him compared to now his shell lines are way darker but not as thick or dark as other or even younger sulcatas. I was wondering what causes this and if there is something wrong, any help would be appreciated?

Attachments

• C2DBD5E4-B667-4533-BE3A-1E8D7BFA91D4.jpeg
    C2DBD5E4-B667-4533-BE3A-1E8D7BFA91D4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Looks absolutely gorgeous and absolutely nothing wrong there.

Markings are much more prominent in younger tortoises. As they grow, natural wear and tear means they become less striking :)

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
New growth usually comes in darker.. completely normal as joesmum stated

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi, I've had my baby sulcata for 6 months now, when I got him compared to now his shell lines are way darker but not as thick or dark as other or even younger sulcatas. I was wondering what causes this and if there is something wrong, any help would be appreciated?
Why did you start a new thread instead of posting the photo on your other thread?

These dark lines are normal areas of newer growth as I said in the other thread.