Dark spot

Loki.

Location (City and/or State)
London
This is my tortoise Loki I have noticed he has a few dark spots on his side off his face I have used a damp cotton bud on this and nothing comes off. I’m just worried and looking at a picture from a few weeks ago these where scales and they have shedded why haven’t they grown back.
IMG_4768.jpeg

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
This is my tortoise Loki I have noticed he has a few dark spots on his side off his face I have used a damp cotton bud on this and nothing comes off. I’m just worried and looking at a picture from a few weeks ago these where scales and they have shedded why haven’t they grown back.
View attachment 378650
There doesn’t look anything of alarm to me in the photo personally, just dark scales, but others should way in shortly too🙂

Whilst you’re here though, I don’t suppose you’d mind sharing more information on how you’re keeping them? It will be helpful for anyone advising you and is always nice to see with new members😊

What are your temps like? Ie basking spot(directly under the bulb) over all day temps& night temps?
What kind of lighting&heating are you using specifically? Packaging pics are good if you have any
Do you use indoor uv? If so what kind?
How’s your humidity reading?
What are you using for substrate?

A photo of your full set up would be brilliant if you don’t mind sharing🙂