Dead tortoise or not?

kevvmic

Location (City and/or State)
Malta
Great advice. Have a 30+ year old greek and another 1 year baby greek. will keep this in mind

Boo628

California
No I had him from 10months old roughly 2 years ago, he's still a baby, I've been away at university and sadly I believe he's developed this in the past few months, we were ill informed when we were given him from the pet store and I believe it's due to his diet that MBD developed. He's under the light and heat at the moment and I'm bathing him in reptoboost, he's still floppy, eyes are covered anyway due to the deficiency so I can't tell if they're sunken
Any luck?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I thought red foot does not hibernate? So what happens here?
They will shut down everything and appear to be dead when very ill and sometimes they are actually still fighting their affliction.
I'm just warning against premature burial.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
When my first tortoise died, he was lifeless,cold and there was a horrible smell coming from the enclosure. We buried him in the family grave at the end of the day. I sure hope he hasn't dug his way out the grave
I know this is a really really old post but I love it!!! Pet Semetary - Stephen King! Or Walking Dead Tortoise. Aaaagh.