Definitely hydrated

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
So over the weekend my brother had asked me if our new puppy was potty trained yet or not. I replied yes, so thankful now I can rip up this hideous green carpet that was here when I bought my place in October. Today, as I was carrying Sheldon to the bathtub for the first time so he would have something a little bit bigger than his wash tub that I usually use to soak him in, he let loose. I don't usually get to see him pee, as it's usually while soaking so I don't know how much is coming out of him. I was amazed how much that little guy peed, he got it all over my shirt and all over the carpet. And of course as he was peeing, and I'm making a mad dash for the linoleum the puppy got in my way so we got a nice figure 8 of pee on the carpet as well. As I was cleaning it up, my mom and dad stopped over. I'm trying to explain to them that this is a good sign, I'm trying to explain to them how hydrated he is. I think they thought I was crazy, they've never seen somebody so happy to have pee in their carpet...20180404_160254.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Its even better when you try to explain that since it is clear, it is really only their "water reserve" and its not even really pee which would be white uric acid from a tortoise...

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Its even better when you try to explain that since it is clear, it is really only their "water reserve" and its not even really pee which would be white uric acid from a tortoise...
Lol, I never thought of that. My Dad asked if it were a boy, where is the penis at? That was a fun one to explain.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
Lol, I never thought of that. My Dad asked if it were a boy, where is the penis at? That was a fun one to explain.
Wait til he sees it [emoji16]

I'm continually amazed at how much liquid comes out. Vlad seems to enjoy peeing while he's eating for some reason. It makes quite a mess.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Wait til he sees it [emoji16]

I'm continually amazed at how much liquid comes out. Vlad seems to enjoy peeing while he's eating for some reason. It makes quite a mess.
Lol, they are eating, pooping, peeing machines. Yeah, I showed my dad a YouTube video of one that had his manhood out. He said it looked like some kind of a creature out of a science fiction movie.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
@Jay Bagley Your story kind of reminded me of what I experienced yesterday. I'd been trying to get a stool sample from Vlad so we could get him rechecked for pinworms, but every time he'd go it would be while soaking, which made sample collection difficult. We had planned to take him for a car ride this weekend, as that usually does the trick.

He must have overheard or something, because my wife went out to run some errands and came back to this:

(thumbnail only as you may not want to see the full image)

3251862892935565919.jpg

But boy he looks pleased with himself :D:D:tort:

It took several hours of scrubbing with baby wipes to get the enclosure mostly clean. Waiting to hear back from the vet now on the results.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
@Jay Bagley Your story kind of reminded me of what I experienced yesterday. I'd been trying to get a stool sample from Vlad so we could get him rechecked for pinworms, but every time he'd go it would be while soaking, which made sample collection difficult. We had planned to take him for a car ride this weekend, as that usually does the trick.

He must have overheard or something, because my wife went out to run some errands and came back to this:

(thumbnail only as you may not want to see the full image)

View attachment 235299

But boy he looks pleased with himself :D:D:tort:

It took several hours of scrubbing with baby wipes to get the enclosure mostly clean. Waiting to hear back from the vet now on the results.
Oh my..lol. You had your work cut out for you!! Good luck with the fecal check, hoping you get a good call back from the vet.