Diamond and Silk go to the Spa.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute. I love when they lay their legs straight out.
You do know though it's a very bad idea to house two sulcatas together. Search the threads on tortoise bullying.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Very cool! It’s warmer here in California as well and my sulcata loves it. As mentioned, pairs are tough! Be prepared to possibly have to separate these guys into 2 areas. I know it seems tough to imagine them being separated.

SulcatAZer

Buckeye, Arizona
Very cool! It’s warmer here in California as well and my sulcata loves it. As mentioned, pairs are tough! Be prepared to possibly have to separate these guys into 2 areas. I know it seems tough to imagine them being separated.
Thanks.. I''m well aware of the potential for bullying, since I have breeding-size adults also. I have plenty of areas to easily separate as they get older...when and if necessary. So far, there have been
zero issues with these two. Even with multiple hides in the same pen, they always seem to hang out together.

Salspi

Chicago
Did u do anything special to get them to behave well up to this point?

SulcatAZer

Buckeye, Arizona
Did u do anything special to get them to behave well up to this point?
No, but the two were raised together, in a rather small tank. Going forward, having same-sex groupings of similar size and within a large area.. will certainly increase the odds of civil behavior... not worried about that yet. Owners just need to be flexible and attentive.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Awesome! I’m glad you’re already well aware and have some experience.