Different shades of awesome

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Somewhere in Florida
Those are incredible Allegra!
If you had a good camera with a flash those pictures would blow our eyes out of our heads!
Cannot believe the gene pool you're working with.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Agree! ! !

They are so beautiful.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They're beautiful ! I love the red heads ! Hahah

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Further thoughts...it occurred to me that, in that single clutch, you have three neonates that are likely more exceptional than any that I've ever hatched in over 35 years. What's astonishing is that you're working with normal (albeit incredibly nice) adults and not 'morphs' or any kind.
Your insights on selecting breeders to put together speak for themselves. Nice work young lady!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
With colors like those, your title is far from "over the top".

You have produced truly remarkable hatchlings, bar none! Hats off to you, lady!

I'm guessing the orange gal/guy is a Rambutan special?

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Further thoughts...it occurred to me that, in that single clutch, you have three neonates that are likely more exceptional than any that I've ever hatched in over 35 years. What's astonishing is that you're working with normal (albeit incredibly nice) adults and not 'morphs' or any kind.
Your insights on selecting breeders to put together speak for themselves. Nice work young lady!
Those are from different clutches. Torts did all the work, I'm just glad to be along for the ride. It was worth posting since you called me "young lady"!
With colors like those, your title is far from "over the top".

You have produced truly remarkable hatchlings, bar none! Hats off to you, lady!

I'm guessing the orange gal/guy is a Rambutan special?
The Lightest one was a Rambutan, the middle colored orange one was a found nest and the red was the Wicked/Squeeze baby.

Tort Lord

Holy smokes! Are these your first clutches from those specific pairings? All three are incredible!

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Rambutan has thrown awesome high colored orange babies in the past. On average 2-4 of these amazing ones per year. We got two clutches from Wicked-Squeeze last year and two known clutches this year. All nice babies but nothing this spectacular. The third from the wicked-squeeze clutch hatched a few days ago, I should get the three together for a family portrait.