Disaster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I have no photos yet...I went to the Portland race track for NASCAR road race yesterday...I asked my nosy, irritating next door neighbor to keep an eye on Mary K in case she flipped. But I shoulda known...she says that about 20 minutes after I left Mary K escaped her pen...I saw destruction...she escaped into the box turtle pond, knocked over more cinder blocks to escape the pond into another tortoise pen, ate buncha grass and pushed open the rotted gate into the last pen and the open freakin gate to the street. My dumbassed neighbor finally puts it all together and goes to my yard and closes the last chain link gate, THEN GOES HOME leaving Mary to crush several of my exotic plants and the new azalia on Simon's grave. There went my calla lilies, the Hazelnut tree and totally smashed the Red foot pen and plantings there. Please tell me why in the hell she did not put Mary back into her pen? All she did was the gate (great tho) and look over the fence every once a while she'd glance to make sure Mary was not on her back. She actually sid she watched some as she was fasiated by Mary's capasity for rack and ruin!!! But evidently she made no attempt to put Mary in her pen. The damage is extensive and I'm going to church, then to Home Depot and get some rebar or t-posts, the pound those mothers into the blocks, ALL the blocks. This is the last thing before Mary goes to a better home than here. I need to figure this out Damn her anyway!!! The neighbor not Mary...

Oklahoma
I have no photos yet...I went to the Portland race track for NASCAR road race yesterday...I asked my nosy, irritating next door neighbor to keep an eye on Mary K in case she flipped. But I shoulda known...she says that about 20 minutes after I left Mary K escaped her pen...I saw destruction...she escaped into the box turtle pond, knocked over more cinder blocks to escape the pond into another tortoise pen, ate buncha grass and pushed open the rotted gate into the last pen and the open freakin gate to the street. My dumbassed neighbor finally puts it all together and goes to my yard and closes the last chain link gate, THEN GOES HOME leaving Mary to crush several of my exotic plants and the new azalia on Simon's grave. There went my calla lilies, the Hazelnut tree and totally smashed the Red foot pen and plantings there. Please tell me why in the hell she did not put Mary back into her pen? All she did was the gate (great tho) and look over the fence every once a while she'd glance to make sure Mary was not on her back. She actually sid she watched some as she was fasiated by Mary's capasity for rack and ruin!!! But evidently she made no attempt to put Mary in her pen. The damage is extensive and I'm going to church, then to Home Depot and get some rebar or t-posts, the pound those mothers into the blocks, ALL the blocks. This is the last thing before Mary goes to a better home than here. I need to figure this out Damn her anyway!!! The neighbor not Mary...
That is horrible! I am so sorry that happened. Why would your neighbor let her do that? Pretty insane! Again, I am so sorry that happened, and I hope it doesn’t a-cure again in the future.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I'm sorry Mary was so misbehaved. I hope you had a lot of fun at Nascar.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
How long have you had her? (That neighbour, not Mary!). It seems you really don't know her very well. Not as a reliable tortoise sitter anyway! But it could have been worse, right? No animal or human deaths.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've said it before, and I'll say it again (for all those reading this thread, I know you know it, Maggie):

Once a tortoise, but mainly a sulcata, learns there's more 'world' on the other side of the fence they're never again satisfied to honor the fence!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good lord Maggie!!!
Good lord Maggie!!!
Mary is a beloved pet!
Please don’t throw her out yet!
Give her another chance!
I’ll come over there and kick the neighbors
🫏 in two shakes of a lambs tail!!!!

Dam neighbors EVERYWHERE!!!
THEY AINT’T GOOD FOR NOTHIN’ ANYMORE!!!!!

Don’t blame kindhearted Mary—
She was probably just looking for YOU!!!
Her mama!!
All she wanted to do is see the car races with the mama!
Maybe get some NASCAR grass in between her toes and around her teeth!?!
She wanted to show you she was faster than those friggin’ cars you like soooo much….
Poor Mary….
Ain’t got a pot to p**s in and now she’s thrown out on her ear!
All because of some lazy 🫏 neighbor who probably wanted revenge for her jealousy of your beautiful yard.

PLANTS GROW BACK….
TORTS ARE FOREVER!!!!!!

Attica!!!
Attica!!!
Attica!!!! 🤭

As Tina once said (and I quote)
“PROUD MARY KEEPS ON CHURNIN’” 🎶🎤🎵……

Quick Mary!!!!
Run and HIIIIIIIIDE!!!

Scott&taco

Porsgrunn, norway
Good lord Maggie!!!

Good lord Maggie!!!
Mary is a beloved pet!
Please don’t throw her out yet!
Give her another chance!
I’ll come over there and kick the neighbors
🫏 in two shakes of a lambs tail!!!!

Dam neighbors EVERYWHERE!!!
THEY AINT’T GOOD FOR NOTHIN’ ANYMORE!!!!!

Don’t blame kindhearted Mary—
She was probably just looking for YOU!!!
Her mama!!
All she wanted to do is see the car races with the mama!
Maybe get some NASCAR grass in between her toes and around her teeth!?!
She wanted to show you she was faster than those friggin’ cars you like soooo much….
Poor Mary….
Ain’t got a pot to p**s in and now she’s thrown out on her ear!
All because of some lazy 🫏 neighbor who probably wanted revenge for her jealousy of your beautiful yard.

PLANTS GROW BACK….
TORTS ARE FOREVER!!!!!!

Attica!!!
Attica!!!
Attica!!!! 🤭

As Tina once said (and I quote)
“PROUD MARY KEEPS ON CHURNIN’” 🎶🎤🎵……

Quick Mary!!!!
Run and HIIIIIIIIDE!!!
Beautiful. Simply beautiful poetry. 😆

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
Channeling perhaps a former well known smasher of gates, blocks, plants and everything in-between??

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Tammy. Your bedside manner could use a bit of polish.
Flat out honesty is enuf polish for me. I have only had this neighbor for 2 years.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again (for all those reading this thread, I know you know it, Maggie):

Once a tortoise, but mainly a sulcata, learns there's more 'world' on the other side of the fence they're never again satisfied to honor the fence...
I know that is true...so I've been studying on it...and...I'm not going to have any more tortoises, so I don 't need those other pens. Tomorrow I am going to open up Mary's pen, so all those pens are one...her's. Then if I can't make this work, Mary will go live in Texas...frankly, I can't see her staying in, but I'll tryDSCN1488.JPG
DSCN1449.JPG
DSCN1472.JPG
tomorrow I make all the pens one...so she'll have ALL the room...

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
I hope wherever she ends up we keep hearing about her adventures, And then @jsheffield writes a book about her. But I feel like it’s not a kids book. It’s definitely a noir murder mystery where Mary is probably a serial killer who killed her exes and buried them beneath everything home she’s ever lived I …

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I hope wherever she ends up we keep hearing about her adventures, And then @jsheffield writes a book about her. But I feel like it’s not a kids book. It’s definitely a noir murder mystery where Mary is probably a serial killer who killed her exes and buried them beneath everything home she’s ever lived I …
I have visions of Mary being like the Kool-aid man. Maggie will re-home Mary, and when Maggie least expects it, Mary will come busting through the fence for a refreshing visit. 🤣

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I have visions of Mary being like the Kool-aid man. Maggie will re-home Mary, and when Maggie least expects it, Mary will come busting through the fence for a refreshing visit. 🤣

😂🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂🤣🤣😂…..

You made me laugh OUT LOUD!
And that’s hard to do lately.
🙏😂🤣

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You'd think that after all these problems you'd figure out how to make an enclosure that they can't escape from. Its really not that hard...

And why would you intentionally plant toxic plants like azaleas and calla Lillies anywhere on a tortoise property? If you are going to invest the time, effort and money in growing plants, why not use ones that are edible, or at least safe?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
@Tom Because I have flower gardens with lilies and other flowers for ME, not her. It's MY property, not all hers. Believe it or not...I have other things involved for ME, and if Mary doesn't like it, she can go to Texas to Tortuga Mike. I can make a larger pen for her and will today, as I am not going to have any more tortoises, or I can drop her off with you next month as you are closer than Mike... After, all, I have a life involving more freakin important things than tortoises.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Oh Maggie. Mary is trying in the only sweet little way she knows how, to just get a tiny crumb of your attention and affection. Can't you see that you're the world to her? Please don't send her away 😭. Seriously. And get rid of those toxic plants, please.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Oh Maggie. Mary is trying in the only sweet little way she knows how, to just get a tiny crumb of your attention and affection. Can't you see that you're the world to her? Please don't send her away 😭. Seriously. And get rid of those toxic plants, please.
Tammy. Butt out of this now, ok?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
(I THINK the plants were there when Maggie moved onto the property. Besides that, her property is recognized as some sort of bird thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.