Display case enclosure??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurtleAsylum801

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Salt Lake City
I'm looking at other housing options for my 5 month old sulcata babies. I currently have them in a 2x3 ft tortoise house but I need to separate them and put them in something more closed off. Do you think a display case like this would work well for a closed chamber house to keep humidity up? Any feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 122

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think it would work good. Except, the top is pretty low looking, so I just wonder how you would be able to hang the lights and heat sources?

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
I agree you'd have to find a solution to the light being too close. Also is there any ventilation?

I'd find a way to make it work. It will look great and be a good space for them.

TurtleAsylum801

5 Year Member
Salt Lake City
We don't know the exact height but agree that it does look really low. We were wondering if we could put a CHI in the corners somehow & mount a 18" fixture on the back wall.. It's still up for debate. We are looking at it tomorrow. Any suggestions on ventilation?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Looks like it would work great. Maybe on the sliding doors you could remove the glass and replace with plexi glass with holes drilled in it for good ventilation.

muffinjenn

5 Year Member
Euless TX
I'm making a new enclosure for my redfoot out of a display case as well...I'm still working out the details of it too, but think they would be great turned into closed more humid enclosures!

I bought this one
tn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.