Distance between tort and uvb lamp?

PalestTortie

Location (City and/or State)
UK
The ‘L’ shape Alex suggests is a really good way to get around space, there’s different shapes you can build by putting shelving units together to fit your space🙂
Yeah, I'll see about that actually! I love my tortie, I'd die for it 😂
I avoid ikea like fire, but it's my tort we're talking about 🙃

Any visuals about it though? On text it doesn't help me imagine 🫠

PalestTortie

UK
Check if there are models with windows (for example, Vivosun makes them) as most grow tents are completely opaque.
Haven't found these.

Basking temp yesterday was 35 C after I came back home. And I gave it a nice bath, in which it acted like I put it in acid but I ignored it to keep it hydrated. I'll try to get ambients in the viv, I so far managed to get a reading of 32 C in the middle of hot and cooler.

Tort is mainly seen sleeping on the hot side, in the corner just under the door. I'm working so I don't see it move much.

I got reptile bark (the orchid bark), hopefully it'll get here this Saturday. I also want to switch the DHP to the "flood" lamp. The flood lamp looks more like a spot lamp, and it'll stay on heating until it overheats lol. I might get a CHE instead...

It's tort pellets and dried nettle and such leaves came yesterday. I got a refund of £1 off the pellets cause they came spilled out 😂 esentially costing me £2.99 instead of £3.99 😂

PalestTortie

UK
I found these light strips. Would need to put the cable out of the viv door, there would be a tiny gap but tort ain't no worm 😂

Can anyone tell me if these would do it?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Haven't found these.

Basking temp yesterday was 35 C after I came back home. And I gave it a nice bath, in which it acted like I put it in acid but I ignored it to keep it hydrated. I'll try to get ambients in the viv, I so far managed to get a reading of 32 C in the middle of hot and cooler.

Tort is mainly seen sleeping on the hot side, in the corner just under the door. I'm working so I don't see it move much.

I got reptile bark (the orchid bark), hopefully it'll get here this Saturday. I also want to switch the DHP to the "flood" lamp. The flood lamp looks more like a spot lamp, and it'll stay on heating until it overheats lol. I might get a CHE instead...

It's tort pellets and dried nettle and such leaves came yesterday. I got a refund of £1 off the pellets cause they came spilled out 😂 esentially costing me £2.99 instead of £3.99 😂
I know what UVB lamp you have. But you didn't mention what heating and lightning you use. So it's hard to make a meaningful advice. But CHE for ambient temperature in colder weather and incandescent lamp for basking area sound right. DHP is not good option for tortoises (yet, it should work great for lizards).

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I know what UVB lamp you have. But you didn't mention what heating and lightning you use. So it's hard to make a meaningful advice. But CHE for ambient temperature in colder weather and incandescent lamp for basking area sound right. DHP is not good option for tortoises (yet, it should work great for lizards).
Yeah as Alex said I wouldn’t use a DHP, I’d get yourself a ceramic for your night and ambient heat, then your floodlight for basking😊
Those led strips might work for some ambient lighting, but I’d probably personally suggest a screw in led light in a small dome fitting that hangs in the middle🙂

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I found these light strips. Would need to put the cable out of the viv door, there would be a tiny gap but tort ain't no worm 😂

Can anyone tell me if these would do it?

I think, this LED strip is not bright enough. Its brightness is 180-240 lumens per meter and you will need something 5 times brighter to simulate a sunny day. "Full spectrum" grow lights would be a better fit - e.g. Arcadia Jungle Dawn. A cheaper alternative, which looks very promising, is Mars Hydro VG40 (or VG80), I haven't used them but perhaps will give a try for the next terrarium.