Do tortoises play?

Dragon

Location (City and/or State)
michagin
Whatever 😝 moose scubbys!πŸ€”πŸ˜‚ I'll have to see a pic 😊
lol its a crochet dish or wash cloth using a graph and more then one color. iv made several for my girl friend up north during the tourest season....one with just U P crocheted in it, a couple with deer and one with fish crocheted. For christmas im going to make my son in law and my pastors son a star wars one, then im going to make a star trek one for me and my pastors other son who is into star wars, then for my oldest daughter one with a snowman as she was born in jan and collects snowmen. lol which means spending less time on the computer lol im still graphing out the moose one but when im done i'll take a picture of it for you....I just finished 3 crochet projects...a small alagator pencle holder, then a small turtle change purse and i devised a way to make a alagator with 3 hidy holes.... I use an empty pringles can to make the main body,by
Whatever 😝 moose scubbys!πŸ€”πŸ˜‚ I'll have to see a pic 😊

crocheting a sort of sleve to go over the pringles can ...i left both the tale end and the head hollow so that you can hid things in those areis too. you can take the pringles can out and hid something in the tail then put the pringles can inside the sleve... the head is made sepreatly so you can lift the head up to take the top off the pringles can and put things in it and i left the head unstuffed so you can hid things in the head as well.... i dont know if its good enough to sell but some lucky boy or girl with get it for christmas....and now i have toget off here so i can work more on the graph so i can hopefuly start crochet it tomarro...lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
lol its a crochet dish or wash cloth using a graph and more then one color. iv made several for my girl friend up north during the tourest season....one with just U P crocheted in it, a couple with deer and one with fish crocheted. For christmas im going to make my son in law and my pastors son a star wars one, then im going to make a star trek one for me and my pastors other son who is into star wars, then for my oldest daughter one with a snowman as she was born in jan and collects snowmen. lol which means spending less time on the computer lol im still graphing out the moose one but when im done i'll take a picture of it for you....I just finished 3 crochet projects...a small alagator pencle holder, then a small turtle change purse and i devised a way to make a alagator with 3 hidy holes.... I use an empty pringles can to make the main body,by

crocheting a sort of sleve to go over the pringles can ...i left both the tale end and the head hollow so that you can hid things in those areis too. you can take the pringles can out and hid something in the tail then put the pringles can inside the sleve... the head is made sepreatly so you can lift the head up to take the top off the pringles can and put things in it and i left the head unstuffed so you can hid things in the head as well.... i dont know if its good enough to sell but some lucky boy or girl with get it for christmas....and now i have toget off here so i can work more on the graph so i can hopefuly start crochet it tomarro...lol
Ya gotta see my star wars toys i crocheted πŸ˜›πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ lol love you

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well... I went on a trip down memory lane with my photos. It was actually fun ☺️ and found my crochet star wars toys. And my dolls I was working on around that time for fun when I had to be a couch potato.😘1229171623.jpg0817171457a.jpg0616172136a.jpgthats the book I used

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'll try to find the picture of the dolls in my photos that I downloaded when I ran across them on my little trip down memory lane.These were really fun to do. I found a hardcover book that excited me so much I paid full price. The basic patterns inspired me.0112171450a.jpg0102171729a.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I'll try to find the picture of the dolls in my photos that I downloaded when I ran across them on my little trip down memory lane.These were really fun to do. I found a hardcover book that excited me so much I paid full price. The basic patterns inspired me.View attachment 347294View attachment 347295
I'm a fan of Batman, looks like a lot of work. Very Good!

Dragon

michagin
I have pictures I just gotta find em 🐒
i would love to see them!!! i have a son in law and my pastors son who collect star wars stuff so im always looking to find patterns for them...star trek too...i have a few graph patterns with star wars and star trek so i'll make up some dish/wash rags for them for christmas

Dragon

michagin
i would love to see them!!! i have a son in law and my pastors son who collect star wars stuff so im always looking to find patterns for them...star trek too...i have a few graph patterns with star wars and star trek so i'll make up some dish/wash rags for them for christmas
oh those are great!! i love them all!! its been awhile since iv made toys...my kids are in there 30s and 4os lol still have to take pictures of the stuff i finished....not doing much of anything right now as im still waiting for my handarm to heal lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
oh those are great!! i love them all!! its been awhile since iv made toys...my kids are in there 30s and 4os lol still have to take pictures of the stuff i finished....not doing much of anything right now as im still waiting for my handarm to heal lol
They are so easy and the dolls too. And fun. I did them just to have something to do creative when I have to recoup. Even with the patterns you gotta think and use the patterns your way.πŸ€—

OliveW

Branford, FL
I don't have time to read all the replies on this thread, so this stuff may have already been posted. I'll read it all tonight.
I'm wondering what the experts think is going on in these videos. I have always felt like the two with the dogs are probably annoyed and stressed tortoises. I don't allow my dogs near our tortoise.

Unfortunately, the third video is on facebook. I'll try to find it elsewhere to post when I have time this evening, for anyone who can't watch it on the facebook link. That video is the, in my opinion, the only one that looks like it "could" be play. Then again, it could be the tortoise wanting that ball out of his area. I would love to hear opinions from the experienced folks here.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I don't have time to read all the replies on this thread, so this stuff may have already been posted. I'll read it all tonight.
I'm wondering what the experts think is going on in these videos. I have always felt like the two with the dogs are probably annoyed and stressed tortoises. I don't allow my dogs near our tortoise.

Unfortunately, the third video is on facebook. I'll try to find it elsewhere to post when I have time this evening, for anyone who can't watch it on the facebook link. That video is the, in my opinion, the only one that looks like it "could" be play. Then again, it could be the tortoise wanting that ball out of his area. I would love to hear opinions from the experienced folks here.

Well it doesn't really look like the tortoises were having fun at all. It just looks like they're trying to get that somewhat tortoise looking critter out of their territory. Also, those dogs were having to much fun around the tortoises. Dogs nip and play for fun with each other and will do the same with a tort. If a tort nips he's serious about it 😜 I don't have Facebook on my phone but I was able to watch the third one. You don't have to have the app to watch something someone has shared πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
What's your latest game with your tort?πŸ€— @Throckmortock. I think they play chess with us to see if they can outsmart us.πŸ€”

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
OK. Time for an Intervention here. Tortoises do not play and especially not with dogs. Neither do they like Star Wars, Batman our Superman. Period.

Dragon

michagin
oh i love the pictures!! im still doing searches for free star trek /star war patterns.... i did find some crochet graph patterns for both and im graphing out the storm trooper one now....basicaly i just print out the graph then inlarge it then i number each square using a different color for the different colored squares in pattern... and then i transfer it to regular graph paper.... most people would just use the orginal printed out graphc but i find it easer to transfer the patterns to regular graph paper using a different color pen for each color on the graph, and then i did a deer graph pattern for my friend up north.... i have literly thousands of crochet patterns as i in hearted all my grandmothers (both gran dparents) patterns as well as all my mothers patterns and then the ones i bought when i was younger and thousands from free sights on the internet. lasst week we went to coldwater twice and i got some great deals on lots and lots of lumber!! 3/4 in 1/4 inch and half inch now if my stupid hand would hurry up and heal i could get back into the wood shop!! i'll take pictures of the 3 crochet patterns i recently finished..... sorry but getting lumber at such good prices toped pictures lol
thusiI'm a fan of Batman, looks like a lot of work. Very Good!