Do torts want to be held?

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
So I was sitting in the enclosure with my Russian. She kept coming and trying to climb in my lap. But was also like climbing all over me in my jacket and all over lol. I kept putting her down and she would repeat the behavior, trying to climb on me. She won't eat from my hand so wasn't
Likely looking for treats not to mention she basically hasn't been eating anyway the last couple weeks. ( I assume because of the cooler weather, she sea otherwise healthy.) so opinions? Was she wanting to be near me? Concur the mountain? Intimidate the intruder? She is a funny one for sure!ImageUploadedByTortForum1383618311.021934.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Couldn't really say why. What I can say, enjoy it and let her have her fun anytime she wants too. It's a great feeling when your tort wants to be with you:D

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Hard to say, for certain, except that she has no fear of you...if she crawls into your lap, on her own, stroke her...might be the beginning of something good for both of you! :cool:

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Cute.
Is this new behavior, or normal for her?

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
That's very sweet [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]I wish my torts wanted to climb in my lap

erica anne

5 Year Member
My sully often climbs into my lap. Not sure why exactly but it's cute...except for his dagger like nails lol.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Oliver with follow me around the house, and often stand on my foot, and if I lay near him he will come and sniff my face and bump my arms with his nose. Then he plops down and just watched me. I'm fascinated by this. My Jordanian Greek and my Redfoot love to sit on my chest, lay their heads in my neck and nestle in my hair. They seem so relaxed and enjoying my warmth, at least that is my theory.

My middle sully, Mo, walks across me if I'm on the floor, but I think I'm merely a speed bump.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
My thoughts:
A) you were new territory that had to be explored.

B) you were a new vantage point to see over enclosure walls. Maybe to plot an escape?

C) you were a source of warmth and she was trying to find the hidden sun to bask before

:p

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
My redfoot loves to be scratched, loves to be held. Chases me all over the house. Will come to me when i call him. He will snuggle in a towel on my lap and steal a bite out of a cookie. Crawl on your back and arms if your on the floor. Chew on the dogs bones. And lay on my feet. He is just a spoiled guy....