Does anyone know if sulcata can eat this plant

Squirts

Location (City and/or State)
Fontana ca
Hello I have these that are growing in my back yard and my sulcata wants to wat them but I don't know if they are safe. I tried to Google the plant but I can't found it. It also has little white flowers growing from it if that helps.20190701_200211.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That looks like Indian Tobacco. Its highly toxic. Carefully pull it out by the root and throw it in the garbage.

I might have the wrong common name, but I know the plant. We have tons of it out here too.

Squirts

Fontana ca
That looks like Indian Tobacco. Its highly toxic. Carefully pull it out by the root and throw it in the garbage.

I might have the wrong common name, but I know the plant. We have tons of it out here too.
Wow!!! Okay will do! Thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was thinking it sort of looked like the wild sunflowers that grow along the highway??

2wgasa

5 Year Member
Carlsbad, CA
Got this id by Garden Answers app a while back because I was hoping it was a good eatin' plant. Did not take very long to look like this, so pull it right away :cool: As you can see, I didn't and it already had a 2" trunk.

"Nicotiana glauca is a species of wild tobacco known by the common name tree tobacco. Its leaves are attached to the stalk by petioles (many other Nicotiana species have sessile leaves), and its leaves and stems are neither pubescent nor sticky like Nicotiana tabacum. It resembles Cestrum parqui but differs in the form of leaves and fusion of the outer floral parts. It grows to heights of more than two meters.

Tree tobacco is native to South America but it is now widespread as an introduced species on other continents. It is a common roadside weed in the southwestern United States, and an invasive plant species in California native plant habitats.

The plant is used for a variety of medicinal purposes and smoked by Native American groups. The Cahuilla Indians used leaves interchangeably with other tobacco species in hunting rituals and as a poultice to treat swellings, bruises, cuts, wounds, boils, sores, inflamed throat, and swollen glands. Contains the toxic alkaloid anabasine. Ingestion of the leaves can be fatal. It is being investigated for use as a biofuel."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana glauca