Does anyone moderate or manage this forum?

TortieGirl

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi. I recently joined this forum to get habitat ideas for our tortoise. I had a really inappropriate direct message sent to me by a user recently, which I reported twice but have had no response. Does anyone know if anyone still manages the site? Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Last week many members received very inapropriate, sexual private/direct messages. The only person who has access to DMs is the person they're sent to. . . not moderators or admins. So the only way we can get rid of them and ban the sender is if the recipient hits the 'report' button.

I'm sorry this happened to you.The moderators here are very much tuned in to keeping the Forum safe, but we can only act if we see it.

TortieGirl

London
Hi, thanks for your responses. I did report and also emailed ([email protected]). To be honest, I was worried they may have access private details such as email addresses but assume that was not the case!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, thanks for your responses. I did report and also emailed ([email protected]). To be honest, I was worried they may have access private details such as email addresses but assume that was not the case!
No, they can't see your email info. But there is a button 'Start Conversation' that all members have access to, even the spammers that slip by our anti spam program. We have no control over that.