Doesn’t do much

Abila10

Location (City and/or State)
Visalia
Hey everyone herb is doing a lot better since being sick, but he likes to stay in his two houses and come our pretty much right when his lights comes on to eat then go back. He usually only comes out to eat and soak under the lamp alil then go back? Is that normal? He seems happy just likes to go in his hides a lot

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
You need to check heat and light, substrate and diet, if all OK then no issue. They do sleep alot depending on age. Hiding can be...... bright light , preferred temp. Damp and humid spot ahd feeling safe. Tortoise are all different so check everything us OK then that is what yours does.

Abila10

Visalia
You need to check heat and light, substrate and diet, if all OK then no issue. They do sleep alot depending on age. Hiding can be...... bright light , preferred temp. Damp and humid spot ahd feeling safe. Tortoise are all different so check everything us OK then that is what yours does.
So I checked it because we changed his enclosure, but it seems good his basking spot is at 101 he has a hide right to the left that stays at 80 and all the way to the right the temp is at 77, and he has a kind of like big log house he digs on the right that stays 77. Iv been using cypress mulch from Forrest floor that has worked great and is a great size. I just started to add coconut fiber as well to 1/3 but on the right but he loves both hides. The only thing he ever wants to eat is Romain lettuce that I have to put vitamins and calcium because it has no nutrients. I also have a cuttlefish bone. Iv tried everything I have read on the forum but he just wants Romain and then hells be out for an hour or two and go back to hiding:/