Donald's Thread

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Donald has been getting some outside time but not daily due to our changing weather.Donald out 5 25 2020.jpg Weighed him before taking him out today. 2 pounds 13.5 oz.Donald 5 25 2020.jpgI'm getting ready to start working on his yard. It will be L shaped. I can't get it in one pic but here it is from each end.Picture 015.jpgPicture 016.jpg The area in the first pic gets sun year round and the area in the 2nd is mostly shaded during summer. He wont have access to the whole area until he grows into it.

Len B

10 Year Member!
He's so pretty!
Thank You, I believe he is out growing Alex the last hatchling I raised. This is Alex in 2015 Alex 8 21 15.jpg Alex laid her first clutch of eggs just before her 4th birthday and is now living the high life in Florida. Donald is not very outgoing so may have to change his name to Donna, time will tell.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Donald has been outside full time for about 2 weeks and is getting more comfortable in his new surroundings. He still hasn't put himself inside his heated hide for the night. He went some time without eating normally, but his apatite has improved. He's gained some weight, now 3 pounds 5.6 oz Picture 002.jpgA couple pics from this afternoon.Picture 006 copy.jpgPicture.jpgWe had a storm pass thru a bit ago and went out to check things out, found the little box turtle swimming in Donalds water bowl.Picture 007.jpg

Len B

10 Year Member!
Took a few pics of Donald today. He's been in his new outside pen for several weeks and is finally getting used to being there. I had put different kinds of food in several spots and he found them all. Ate a little bit and moved on to the next one.Picture 002.jpgPicture 003.jpgPicture 018.jpgPicture 019.jpg I had the camera on the ground. he kept coming towards it in the last 2 picsPicture 012.jpgPicture 015.jpg

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
He looks so happy. Thanks for the update and sharing the cute pictures!

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
He is one of four that I received at the end of August at about a month old. This pic is from the day he arrived on August 28.View attachment 283124This pic is from this morningView attachment 283125 His diet now consist mostly of weeds, grasses and cactus that are available in my yard. the cold weather has killed off the flowers and tree leaves until next spring. He is eating both mazuri types also. I have fed him some store bought items just to make sure he will eat them if we get snow and I cant access the winter weeds. Here is some of what is still nice and green.View attachment 283126 Another pic from this morning.View attachment 283127
Ooh what spiky legs he has. Such a good looking tortoise

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
I still have one here, it is slightly deformed but is doing fine I haven't seen the others since they left but have been told that they are doing good and growing.
Len,

How did this one turn out? I'm sure you posted something about it but can't find it.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Len,

How did this one turn out? I'm sure you posted something about it but can't find it.
That would be Squiggy. as far as I know she is doing fine. The first of the 4 I received that left is back here. I was supposed to baby set it for 2 weeks back in February during bike week in Florida. He hasn't come by to pick it up yet.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
That would be Squiggy. as far as I know she is doing fine. The first of the 4 I received that left is back here. I was supposed to baby set it for 2 weeks back in February during bike week in Florida. He hasn't come by to pick it up yet.
Any interest in watching my kids...?