Dried weeds

kezilulu

Hi all I recently bought some dried weeds from a site recommended on here from one of the other members.
They've arrived today but before I start feeding Sheldon them I wanted to check if I need to do anything with them like wet/wash them? Or do I just pop some in his food bowl?
I've attached a picture of one of the types I've bought and it also shows the site name incase anyone else based in the U.K would like to buy some! I've bought Mallow, Mulberry Leaf and Broadleaf Plantain, they're all suitable for a Russian tortoise right?
Thanks guys
xXx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTortForum1395792605.004890.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTortForum1395792605.004890.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 61

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep feed wet or dry let him decide.

gtc

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Norway
I have a feeding bowl with dry weeds available in the enclosure at all times, my torts eats from it slowly so it needs refilling about once a week. In addition I soften the weeds with warm water and mix them with spring mix or prealpin testudo herbs.

If your tort doesn't like the weeds at first dont give up, it took a while before mine starting eating them and now he loves them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm not sure, because I've never used any dried foods before, but I think the tortoise might accept it better if you take a bit of it between your palms and rub back and forth to crumble it up, then sprinkle it over the tortoise's wet food or greens.

I use the Repashy sometimes (its a powdered, ground up weeds, etc.) and I mix it all in with the greens.

kezilulu

Well he went mental for the dried Mulberry leaves but doesn't seem as happy with the dried broadleaf plantain or mallow so I shall try mixing it in with other foods first!
The dried leaves aren't ideal, I've bought lots of tort friendly seeds to plant but I have to wait for warmer weather here in the U.K so in the meantime I thought dried weeds mixed in with shop bought leaves must be better than no leaves lol
xXx