Dried Out Weeds For Winter

tortoisecrca

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Manitoba Canada ??
I read up on drying out weeds and used dandelion and plantain. I dried some naturally over days and another group by drying overnight and then on a low oven temp. (200)
I crunched up some and sprinkled over other food and she seems to really like them. She wasn’t interested in the oven dry ones for some reason .
Last year I tried freezing them but wasn’t as enthusiastic about eating them. This is how they turned out . Top is air dried.

Attachments

• 02B6CE0E-D569-41CF-A706-9343F65BA8AB.jpeg
    02B6CE0E-D569-41CF-A706-9343F65BA8AB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 40CA8379-BB53-46F7-83EC-FB1F0BD4C9B8.png
    40CA8379-BB53-46F7-83EC-FB1F0BD4C9B8.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 3

tortoisecrca

10 Year Member!
Manitoba Canada ??
I read up on drying out weeds and used dandelion and plantain. I dried some naturally over days and another group by drying overnight and then on a low oven temp. (200)
I crunched up some and sprinkled over other food and she seems to really like them. She wasn’t interested in the oven dry ones for some reason .
Last year I tried freezing them but wasn’t as enthusiastic about eating them. This is how they turned out . Top is air dried.
I also used a sealer to get the air out but don’t know if that matters at all when storing them

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have air dried mulberry leaves mainly. I have a mesh rack and mesh laundry bags I use to dry them in. I also have frozen them fresh, after placing them in the garment bags and using the vacuum to suck all the air out. My torts like both ways.

tortoisecrca

10 Year Member!
Manitoba Canada ??
I have air dried mulberry leaves mainly. I have a mesh rack and mesh laundry bags I use to dry them in. I also have frozen them fresh, after placing them in the garment bags and using the vacuum to suck all the air out. My torts like both ways.
Thanks. Silly question but do you rinse them off before you air dry them?

tortoisecrca

10 Year Member!
Manitoba Canada ??
This is awesome, but you can buy these items, and many more, ready to go from @Kapidolo Farms .
Yes but they don’t ship to Canada and international shipping and exchange ads on even if they did ship, and it’s less for me to grow my own. Plus I can buy a product that has all kinds of weeds/flowers to use sometimes.