Do dried greens lose nutritional value?

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
I've been cooking up ideas to keep weeds from outside (besides the dandelion and relatives I have growing) in my russians diet over the winter, and I though of drying them. Can't freeze, and I've only had luck with the seeds I planted. I'd just crunch them up and use it a healthy topping over the kale (Plus other) and my seed plants. Does anyone know if dried greenery loses nutritional value?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I've been cooking up ideas to keep weeds from outside (besides the dandelion and relatives I have growing) in my russians diet over the winter, and I though of drying them. Can't freeze, and I've only had luck with the seeds I planted. I'd just crunch them up and use it a healthy topping over the kale (Plus other) and my seed plants. Does anyone know if dried greenery loses nutritional value?

yes...as they begin to dry/die--there is nutritional value lost....some significant and some slightly....you will need to itemize your items and then get to researching.....

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
yes...as they begin to dry/die--there is nutritional value lost....some significant and some slightly....you will need to itemize your items and then get to researching.....
:( Thank you! I'll have to look all my thingies up :D