drive 5 1/2 hours to reptile show?

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
i may be going there its on the 15th . It does not show the vendors so I don't know anything about how the babies were raised. ironic about the name of where it is. maybe its a sign . lol

The next show is 2/14. Maybe hubby will take you there for V-day...

Heather H

N.E. ohio
i may be going there its on the 15th . It does not show the vendors so I don't know anything about how the babies were raised. ironic about the name of where it is. maybe its a sign . lol
you are right this one is about 2-3 hours away from me. but still can't find a vendors list.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I didn't read all the other replies, but I would go to both shows. I just like them. However, I would not buy a tortoise there unless you know who the breeder is and have talked to them about the history of the tortoise you plan to buy. I would not buy one from just any old table at a show since most breeders don't start them very well.

I prefer to buy direct from the breeder.

Heather H

N.E. ohio
I didn't read all the other replies, but I would go to both shows. I just like them. However, I would not buy a tortoise there unless you know who the breeder is and have talked to them about the history of the tortoise you plan to buy. I would not buy one from just any old table at a show since most breeders don't start them very well.

I prefer to buy direct from the breeder.

Me too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Usually less
The few I have been to has been less as Jaizei said. However, I also thought a lesser quality then you could get from one of our breeders on the forum. You kinda get what you pay for. Paying less, may cost you more.

Heather H

N.E. ohio
Hubby said no. But not because of the long trip. I am loosing my sight and have hypersensitivity. Smells, sounds , light bother me. He thinks it will cause me great distress :(

I will talk to the breeder about shipping when it's safe .

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Hubby said no. But not because of the long trip. I am loosing my sight and have hypersensitivity. Smells, sounds , light bother me. He thinks it will cause me great distress :(

I will talk to the breeder about shipping when it's safe .
I am sorry to hear about you losing your site. I know how that goes believe me. I have only been to one reptile show and it was fun although it was difficult for me to see what things were actually there. But it was also very crowded and loud. so your husband might be right. I did notice that the show was much less crowded later in the afternoon, maybe that would be an option for you.

Heather H

N.E. ohio
I am sorry to hear about you losing your site. I know how that goes believe me. I have only been to one reptile show and it was fun although it was difficult for me to see what things were actually there. But it was also very crowded and loud. so your husband might be right. I did notice that the show was much less crowded later in the afternoon, maybe that would be an option for you.

He won't change his mind. :) but thank you. I've accepted my sight. Hugs