dry face

Bowser63108

Hi! I have a sulcata that is 13 months old his name is bowser and is very healthy and active. He eats a whole bunch and poops a whole bunch haha. I soak him every day for 20 mins, but he still has an extremely dry face :( ive seen people post pics and say its normal but his looks a lot worse then others ive seen. I was wondering if there was a way to help him or if hes okay. Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 20141223_142227.jpg
    20141223_142227.jpg
    831.4 KB · Views: 79

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Be sure to read the pinned threads at the top of our Sulcata section.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
In that picture your tortoise looks very alert. Maybe it's my old eyes, but I can't see where the skin is too dry. I would not apply any lotion to it's skin to treat dryness. The condition is probably just temporary.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi! I have a sulcata that is 13 months old his name is bowser and is very healthy and active. He eats a whole bunch and poops a whole bunch haha. I soak him every day for 20 mins, but he still has an extremely dry face :( ive seen people post pics and say its normal but his looks a lot worse then others ive seen. I was wondering if there was a way to help him or if hes okay. Thank you so much!

That tort looks fine....well, other than being so darn cute that is....