dry tortoise shell?

Yingg

Location (City and/or State)
California
No problem! There have been instances of the clamps failing so definitely wanted to give you the heads up on that. Oh lol I’m with you! Yes don’t worry, it will feel warm when on🙂
hi, i was planning on buying a mesh screen to place over the enclosure so i could set the lights on top, rather than precariously balance them. do you know what type is best and won't melt or anything?

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
hi, i was planning on buying a mesh screen to place over the enclosure so i could set the lights on top, rather than precariously balance them. do you know what type is best and won't melt or anything?
Mesh top is convenient but filters UVB (10 to 50%) and makes heating less effective. I would opt for cable trays, kitchen plate trays or wielded wire and hang heating/lightning under the mesh with hooks/chains.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hopefully Alex suggestions help🙂you could perhaps make your own stand quite cheaply to hang the dome from a chain on too if you wanted, just two pieces of timber wood, some screw in hooks, chain and clip ends for the chain😊

Yingg

California
Mesh top is convenient but filters UVB (10 to 50%) and makes heating less effective. I would opt for cable trays, kitchen plate trays or wielded wire and hang heating/lightning under the mesh with hooks/chains.
whoa, that's a lot. okay, yeah i'll go the wood method with hanging lights ^^

Yingg

California
Hopefully Alex suggestions help🙂you could perhaps make your own stand quite cheaply to hang the dome from a chain on too if you wanted, just two pieces of timber wood, some screw in hooks, chain and clip ends for the chain😊
yeah i think i'll just do that lol. by the way, do you know why she isn't eating, or possible reasons? she ate two days ago, but suddenly won't eat. i also haven't seen her poop for a while, and last time it was runny. i'm worried :(

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
yeah i think i'll just do that lol. by the way, do you know why she isn't eating, or possible reasons? she ate two days ago, but suddenly won't eat. i also haven't seen her poop for a while, and last time it was runny. i'm worried :(
Does she walk a lot as usual? This can be an impaction or temperatures are too low/high. I don't think she is trying to brumate yet but that's possible too.

Yingg

California
Does she walk a lot as usual? This can be an impaction or temperatures are too low/high. I don't think she is trying to brumate yet but that's possible too.
yes she still walks. i think she has a decent range of temps, she can just walk to a warmer place if the temperature is too low. she really likes walking, and she will always walk no matter what. nothing i do stops her lol

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
Try long daily soaks, 40 to 60 minutes keeping the water warm until you see poop. Small amounts of dilurantic foods like lettuce, cucumber, succulents or pumpkin might help the food to pass.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Try the suggestions above and keep a close eye, has she been put in the new set up or are you waiting till you’ve done the stand etc? Because if she’s been in the new one, maybe she’s just been stressed by the recent change which is normal, but if not, I’m not 100% certain because there can be multiple reasons, hopefully the others advice will help🙂

Yingg

California
Try the suggestions above and keep a close eye, has she been put in the new set up or are you waiting till you’ve done the stand etc? Because if she’s been in the new one, maybe she’s just been stressed by the recent change which is normal, but if not, I’m not 100% certain because there can be multiple reasons, hopefully the others advice will help🙂
yes she is in the new setup. however, on the first day she ate perfectly fine :( so i'm just concerned

Yingg

California
oh
Try long daily soaks, 40 to 60 minutes keeping the water warm until you see poop. Small amounts of dilurantic foods like lettuce, cucumber, succulents or pumpkin might help the food to pass.
thank you! i will try succulents and cucumber. issue is, she's not eating at all though.