dry tortoise shell?

zovick

10 Year Member!
I think you are worrying over a tortoise that has nothing wrong with it. The stools look normal for what you have been feeding it.

If I were you, I would forget the mineral oil and the aloe and just feed it a regular diet, soak it daily, and let it be a normal tortoise.

Yingg

Location (City and/or State)
California
I think you are worrying over a tortoise that has nothing wrong with it. The stools look normal for what you have been feeding it.

If I were you, I would forget the mineral oil and the aloe and just feed it a regular diet, soak it daily, and let it be a normal tortoise.
she hasn't eaten for about 5 days, nor had a normal poo. I think this is really out of the ordinary... usually her poops have shape and form, and they hold their shape even in water. she's only eaten a few petals of her hibiscus, which is very strange for her.

Yingg

California
she hasn't eaten for about 5 days, nor had a normal poo. I think this is really out of the ordinary... usually her poops have shape and form, and they hold their shape even in water. she's only eaten a few petals of her hibiscus, which is very strange for her.
she also isn't walking that much...

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I personally think your concerns are valid, I’d keep following the previous advice, at least she’s pooped a bit more today! Things are still moving in the right direction

Yingg

California
I personally think your concerns are valid, I’d keep following the previous advice, at least she’s pooped a bit more today! Things are still moving in the right direction
💔 yes i hope things keep getting better. do you know how much mineral oil to give her in her food? i was searching online and there is also injecting, but i don't think i trust myself enough to try...

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
💔 yes i hope things keep getting better. do you know how much mineral oil to give her in her food? i was searching online and there is also injecting, but i don't think i trust myself enough to try...
It’s not something I’ve personally had to do before so let’s wait for the others to get back, might be night time their neck of the pond, but yeah I wouldn’t inject it either and I don’t think you’ll need to give her much

Yingg

California
It’s not something I’ve personally had to do before so let’s wait for the others to get back, might be night time their neck of the pond, but yeah I wouldn’t inject it either and I don’t think you’ll need to give her much
haha yeah, everyone here replies in the dead of night for me. 4 am and i see a notification 😂 anyway, i really do hope my tortoise gets better. i mentioned it to my mom and she already said i was being so dramatic. maybe i am, but i genuinely care and i just want my concerns validated, ya'know?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
haha yeah, everyone here replies in the dead of night for me. 4 am and i see a notification 😂 anyway, i really do hope my tortoise gets better. i mentioned it to my mom and she already said i was being so dramatic. maybe i am, but i genuinely care and i just want my concerns validated, ya'know?
I completely understand, the lack of appetite and moving round would be concerning me too, it’s clear as day how much you care for her🐢💚keep doing what you’re doing for now, it’s not dramatic to be worried about a beloved pet that isn’t being their usual self, you’re 100% valid❤️