dry tortoise shell?

Yingg

Location (City and/or State)
California
I am so happy to hear she is eating, might sound weird but I was worrying about her. If she eats the pumpkin you should be able to put small amounts on other foods to 'put' the smell on them, enticing her to eat other foods. Example: rub pumpkin on some romaine or mix some grass in it.

@Yingg I wanted to let you know that your concern for her is great. In no way should you feel your asking to many questions or not doing the right thing being concerned. This is how you learn and build your "Tort Care Confidence'
yeah thank you for everyone's support so far, it really means the world to me 🙏 ❤️ i will definitely try rubbing pumpkin in.

The_Four_Toed_Edward

Finland
It is great that he is eating something, but sad that he doesn't do it on his own yet. Remember that tortoises recover slowly from everything, so patience is the key!

zovick

10 Year Member!
new fav food: pumpkin, but only if it comes from my hands or a similarly orange spoon
It is now obvious that your tortoise is NOT constipated so you can stop feeding the mineral oil and aloe.

Try getting a very small head of radicchio (it's expensive) and shave some little slices off with a sharp knife. Make a small pile of those slices and put the tortoise right in front of the pile after you have soaked it. Hopefully it will start eating it. If not, mix a bit of the pumpkin in with the radicchio and try doing exactly the same thing the next day.

Hint: handling the tortoise and carrying it in and out of your house are all stressors and may slow down the animal's interest in eating. I would recommend leaving it inside 24/7 in its enclosure and soaking it once daily in the AM, then putting it in front of a pile of food and then leaving it alone until the next day. In this way the tortoise can get into a routine and not be constantly stressed by too much handling and moving from place to place (such as inside to outdoors) several times daily.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
It is now obvious that your tortoise is NOT constipated so you can stop feeding the mineral oil and aloe.

Try getting a very small head of radicchio (it's expensive) and shave some little slices off with a sharp knife. Make a small pile of those slices and put the tortoise right in front of the pile after you have soaked it. Hopefully it will start eating it. If not, mix a bit of the pumpkin in with the radicchio and try doing exactly the same thing the next day.

Hint: handling the tortoise and carrying it in and out of your house are all stressors and may slow down the animal's interest in eating. I would recommend leaving it inside 24/7 in its enclosure and soaking it once daily in the AM, then putting it in front of a pile of food and then leaving it alone until the next day. In this way the tortoise can get into a routine and not be constantly stressed by too much handling and moving from place to place (such as inside to outdoors) several times daily.
The problem with that is there inside enclosure is currently far too small hence they let them outside to get some needed roaming time