dry tortoise shell?

Yingg

Location (City and/or State)
California
A couple of moments on the enclosure:
1. Basking lamp and UVB lamp should be placed closer to each other, they work together for vitamin D3 synthesis.
2. The enclosure is not dangerously small but needs some enrichment (like potted plants and some sight barriers). Breaking line of sight provokes tortoise to explore more.
3. You can think if it's possible to make a second level with a ramp. It's not a perfect option to increase walking area and comes with some drawbacks but may work out. A hamster (chinchilla/guinea pig) wheel can be also useful for exercise.
4. What is walls height? They look pretty "climbable" on that photo.
oh, okay. i will place light closer

can i put a pothos plant in?

as for the second ramp, i'm just worried she will climb out. and it'll be too close to the lamps ^^, i'm not sure how the setup would work.

wall height is definitely not climbable, though i don't remember the exact height. (currently outside, not at home)

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
oh, okay. i will place light closer

can i put a pothos plant in?

as for the second ramp, i'm just worried she will climb out. and it'll be too close to the lamps ^^, i'm not sure how the setup would work.

wall height is definitely not climbable, though i don't remember the exact height. (currently outside, not at home)
Yes, pothos is okay. Put it in the middle, so it can't be used for escaping :)

There are different options for two-level enclosures:
1. Stack one enclosure on top of another (two levels are of the same size)
2. Make an elevated platform (second level area is smaller). Walls or borders are required to prevent climbing out.

Lamp position and height is adjusted, of course. Also, some additional ambient light might be required.

Yingg

California
Yes, pothos is okay. Put it in the middle, so it can't be used for escaping :)

There are different options for two-level enclosures:
1. Stack one enclosure on top of another (two levels are of the same size)
2. Make an elevated platform (second level area is smaller). Walls or borders are required to prevent climbing out.

Lamp position and height is adjusted, of course. Also, some additional ambient light might be required.
do you have examples of this by chance? i'm having a hard time visualizing 😭 will my tortoise be okay in a small enclosure (the one i have now) for two years (maybe with some walking outside, depending on zovick and everyone else's judgment)?

when i move out i'm definitely giving her the biggest enclosure possible haha. (i'm required to stay in dorms for a year.)

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
do you have examples of this by chance? i'm having a hard time visualizing 😭 will my tortoise be okay in a small enclosure (the one i have now) for two years (maybe with some walking outside, depending on zovick and everyone else's judgment)?

when i move out i'm definitely giving her the biggest enclosure possible haha. (i'm required to stay in dorms for a year.)
Here is a few links to give an idea:
1. https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/enclosure-progress-some-questions-🐢.214180/ - a really nice double-decker. Second level can be smaller like this or span over the whole first level.
2. https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/h...closure-expansion-for-hermes-tortoise.208557/ - probably the most sophisticated, I've seen so far. But cool, nevertheless.
3. https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/ikea-runmaro-enclosure-pains-and-gains.211377/ - a more simple "gallery style".

As I said, you may think of adding a second level. But don't have to. A well-planned smaller enclosure will work too, especially combined with regular walks outside. With my tortoise I have very similar routine: her 6x3 enclosure is small but in the winter she has at least 15-20 minutes walks in the sunshine daily. Of course, I do not consider this optimal.