dry tortoise shell?

Yingg

Location (City and/or State)
California
update: she didn't poop. though i genuinely don't know since she's been walking around all day. maybe she pooped somewhere else? she didn't poop in her soak.

Yingg

California
hi all, she pooped normally today and ate her veggies!! i'm so happy.

here are some pictures. please feel free to make comments if you see anything of note. (yes, she is still fat/has edema.) she's 580-590g!

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpeg
    IMG_1882.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1884.jpeg
    IMG_1884.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1886.jpeg
    IMG_1886.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
hi all, she pooped normally today and ate her veggies!! i'm so happy.

here are some pictures. please feel free to make comments if you see anything of note. (yes, she is still fat/has edema.) she's 580-590g!
Good to know! I see nothing concerning (besides already known issue). Keep going!

Yingg

California
hello all, is this nopales/opuntia? and how often can i feed it? (i couldn't find any at my local supermarket.) this is one i found that can be delivered in a small amount so tortoise can try it. there are no other details than "whole prickly pear cactus"

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpeg
    IMG_1999.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
hello all, is this nopales/opuntia? and how often can i feed it? (i couldn't find any at my local supermarket.) this is one i found that can be delivered in a small amount so tortoise can try it. there are no other details than "whole prickly pear cactus"
Yes, it is. You can feed it once/twice a week. It can be stored for a long time just at room temperatures. Also, if you need to leave for a day or two, put a good chunk in a food dish (it won't rot and helps with hydration).

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
I do not feed without removing the thorns/spines first, you can do this by burning them off. If you have a gas stove use that with no pan on the burner and use the flame to burn them. You can also use a torch or weed burning flame to accomplish this. If you search Opuntia here on the forum there is A LOT of info and threads on them.