Dust Storm Rollin' Through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Got these pictures last night during a cool looking dust storm that rolled through AZ yesterday.

005-7.jpg

My shade screens are already blowing around.

004-17.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like your neighbor needs to fix his cooler...or else his roof in the near future.

I LOVE your back yard fence. Wish I could afford to put up a brick wall all around my property.

We don't get dust storms here, thank goodness.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
emysemys said:
I LOVE your back yard fence. Wish I could afford to put up a brick wall all around my property.

We don't get dust storms here, thank goodness.

This is standard in AZ. EVERYONE has these block walls unless you get out farther or live on acreage. They are very nice, but scorpions love the pilasters.

Niki

5 Year Member
I live in Scottsdale... My backyard ( pool) is a mess!

Niki

5 Year Member
Yes... Dust covering everything! Luckily my tort knows ahead of time and gets deep in her burrow. :)

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Our patio is covered with debris, yuk. Why can't some rain come with the storm? The rain seems to just skirt around us. Great photos Neal. Can we call this a haboob? haha

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
While they are neat to look at, I am not sure I would enjoy the clean up so much after it passes. How often do you get one in your area like this?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Jacqui said:
While they are neat to look at, I am not sure I would enjoy the clean up so much after it passes. How often do you get one in your area like this?

I lost count of how many we got last year...but we really didn't get any rain during the last monsoon season. This year has been really good...probably the second one of these dust storms in my area.

It was a good Saturday. Had all my yard work done, porch swept and all that good stuff. After this storm it looked worse than Saturday morning before I started.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
cool pictures! Sorry you have to clean up the mess though! Sand gets in every nook and cranny.

Status
Not open for further replies.