Eagles at Alcoa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Larry thank you for always posting this. I know last year I would watch them every so often and was so neat to watch them first lay the eggds, the eggs to hatch and grow. I was able to see and hear another site's recording of a pair breeding (the actual mating was off camera of course), but the sounds they made surprised me. I just get such a thrill when I see a bald eagle be it online or in real life. Once more thanks for the link each year! :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree with Jacqui. Where I am from in Michigan, we have lots of Bald Eagles, however, it has only been the last 10 years or so that we have seen them. They were almost totally extinct in our area. Now we see them all the time up there. Back in December, there were 6 sitting on the rivers ice. We were driving by when we seen them. We sat in the car 20 minutes just watching them. I only wish I would of had my camera:( Thanks for sharing. Love watching.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Up until this pair took up residence the eagles were winter visitors in large numbers because of the combination of the locks and river staying relatively clear of ice but come spring they went back north. Last year a four immature was sighted in August (not one of the Decorah brood), so there is another nest in the area. I feel the DDT ban is showing effect and the birds are repopulating former range. We also have pelicans nesting in the area now though I wouldn't want to visit nesting area of those stinkers.:D

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Thank you so much for sharing this. I could watch it all day. I'll be checking it for as long as it's on. Something I'll never get to see in person. Thank you again. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.