earthquake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angrycowgoesmoo

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alexandria, VA
I was wondering...my state had it's first earthquake in 67 years and I was wondering if redfoots could handle them. It was a 5.5 and I didn't check my redfoot right away because I was scared to death and ran out of my building. When I got back I forgot all about him and just did normal stuff and then when I went to place his food down (he sleeps a lot) he wasn't really at his sleeping place because he was in the middle of his small house thingy. I didn't want to wake him up because he gets really cranky and stress when he wakes up cause he pees on me everytime I do.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Here in SI we also felt the earthquake too, but of course not as bad as you did. Funny, but about 15 min. before the quate hit, my dogs were crying. We thought it was so funny, until the house shook. Also Pio, my Cherry Head did not come out of his cave this morning to eat. NO Box turtles came out to eat today either. The little one's were in the house, so just went about their day normally. I guess the animals knew. Hope everything is OK with you in Va.

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
I hope you are okay! I'm sure your redfoot will be fine. I was basically the only one I know who felt anything. Everyone else is saying they felt nothing, but my bed started moving and I thought it was a ghost :eek: haha

Angrycowgoesmoo

5 Year Member
Alexandria, VA
Okay :) thanks! I think he's okay cause I found out he was in the middle because he was pooping and when I went to check again he had moved back to where he usaully sleeps. I was scared if there was gonna be a strong aftershock but it was a really weak one so I am now relief :D

But not all was bad because since I lefted the house I went to giant to pick up some groceries and I found something that caught my eyes! It was a lion toy that roars and poops out candy!! When i first saw it I was just like it was destiny and it was meant to be

Lilithlee

5 Year Member
Virginia
Hey, angerycow it was a little bigger than a 5.5, I believe the news say 5.8. I didn't like at all. :( Either way, I think my Russian thought it was a ride and just enjoy because before the earthquake he was sleeping, when I check on him, he was all up and about happy as a clam.

Angrycowgoesmoo

5 Year Member
Alexandria, VA
The reason I ran out the apartment without my redfoot cause I heard cracks kinda but then I found out it was this thing that was nailed into the wall that had fallen. I actually liked it :D It was like a ride cause I was sleeping then I felt my bed moving back and fourth and I was like weeee until I really woke up and notice it was a earthquake. My brother that our neighbor was doing some inappropiate things when he first felt the shake until it got all powerful.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
they handle them here in calif just fine..
they shake for a few momnets then done..
in case you have to evacuate due to weather or fire or??
maybe have a emergency bag ready to go.. large tote, pack and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.