Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
Picture006.jpg
[/img]

momo said:

we saved this guy from being run over, he lives in a state park in mass. with radio transmitter.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
What a beautiful tort!! Where's the transmitter?
Good for you to save him from those big predators!!
nay

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Nay said:
What a beautiful tort!! Where's the transmitter?
Good for you to save him from those big predators!!
nay

yes, he is quite colorful. transmitter on shell. he cake out a motel lot across rt.1. into mcdonalds rest. parking lot. vet. said he was in good shape .

Picture010.jpg
[/img]

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Yes, Eastern box turtle, not tortoise :). One of the most vivid high red Easterns I have ever seen, great save!! He needs to be out there passing on his genes ;)

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
kyryah said:
Yes, Eastern box turtle, not tortoise :). One of the most vivid high red Easterns I have ever seen, great save!! He needs to be out there passing on his genes ;)

i agree very vivid red. good dr. vet. took him. he also was impressed. turtle free again! ya.

momo said:
kyryah said:

i agree very vivid red. good dr. vet. took him. he also was impressed. turtle free again! ya.

have only seen yellow ones. this one is special.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
kyryah said:

Yep, I agree. That turtle is too beautiful to be passed on. :D

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
tortoises101 said:
kyryah said:

i was smart to take afew pictures of eastern box turtle, only had him over night and the dr. vet. relocated him to mass. a state park there , so he will be passing on that color . i am pretty sure they are endangered.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
momo said:
tortoises101 said:
kyryah said:

i was smart to take afew pictures of eastern box turtle, only had him over night and the dr. vet. relocated him to mass. a state park there , so he will be passing on that color . i am pretty sure they are endangered.

They are threatened in the wild because of the onslaught of roadkill. Good move for bringing him to a state park. :) He'd have a much better chance of survival there.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Beautiful high red Eastern. I have been looking for a high red male for two years now. Excellent save.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Great looking eastern. He's pretty old, but I bet he could still make some babies.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
His shell. When they're young and middle aged the growth rings are visible and pretty well pronounced. This one, you can see the growth rings, but his growth rings and shell are very worn and smooth...almost like an old aldabra or galapogos you would see at the zoo or ALDABRAMAN's pictures..

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Neal said:
His shell. When they're young and middle aged the growth rings are visible and pretty well pronounced. This one, you can see the growth rings, but his growth rings and shell are very worn and smooth...almost like an old aldabra or galapogos you would see at the zoo or ALDABRAMAN's pictures..

cool. thank you. momo

Status
Not open for further replies.