1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Eastern Box Turtle Paludarium

Discussion in 'American box turtles' started by Cinxz, Dec 11, 2018.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Cinxz

Cinxz New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Lol Nope
    I am currently in the process of creating a Paludarium for my Eastern Box Turtle. The water section of the tank will end up having gravel as the floor with some Riccia Fluitans carpet moss and maybe a few other small plants. The land section of the tank will have a false bottom so keep that in mind.

I currently have 2 issues that I am struggling to come up with solutions to. First of all, the box turtle will get dirt on his shell, and bring that into the water. Is there a small filter I can use to easily remove dirt from the water(This will be for a small pool of water, about a gallon or so). The other issue I am having is separating the water from land. If possible I would like this separation to be aesthetically pleasing, and if possible give a way to safely hide the filter I use. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Cinxz
  2. Calderburton

Calderburton New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Michigan
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I don’t think a box turtle would do well in that setup. Most liked it would eat all of the plants.