EATING TORTOISES

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hare to believe. Hard to believe people still doing that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm an ostrich. I know some people eat turtle meat and its perfectly fine and normal. I just don't want to have to think about it. Of course, this story is bad because the jerk was catching a threatened species, but turtle is on the menu and perfectly legal in most countries (unless it's an endangered species). If this were a cow forum, and we all had pet cows, we would not want to hear about people eating cow meat.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Why the heck was he eating an endangered species? What the heck is wrong with some people. I know some people eat turtle/tortoise, cat, dog, maybe even hamster and ferret- but stop eating things when they're endangered good grief. -_-"

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, I don't want to think about it either, even though I do know that in a lot of other countries they do eat them. But, this guy needs to pay big. Killing and eating endangered is just plain sick, stupid and he needs to pay.

A friend that lives in AZ just told me about someone shooting and killing one of their wild tortoises there, just to kill it. They don't know who, but hopefully someone will hear about it and turn him in. There is a reward offered, and he needs to pay big time too. I guess it even had a tracking device on it.
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...o-killed-protected-researched-desert-tortoise

Last edited by a moderator:

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I seen that too . It's a desert tort that fish and game has been tracking for 10 years now they will have to find a nother tort to track .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum