Egg Burst - Stinky

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
One of my Redfoot eggs burst today, My wife thought she smelled something bad all day in the bedroom. Yes I keep my incubator in the bedroom

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:
Oh no....ewwwww...sorry....

Its ok These are eggs from a female that has never laid for me before. We have 9 more eggs in there, should hatch around xmas or after. Just curious how these lil guys wiil look.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Sophia is the smaller of the two at about 5 or 6 inches ....she was bul
Code:
lied by the bigger one and she had eye issues when I took her in and a couple foot bite injuries from the bigger one...as they were housed together when they came to me....the other one Goliath is about 6-7  inches long and he is pretty funny as well....

The smaller one was not able to feed herself when she got here....she started off as an air biter....but in the last few weeks she has been completely eating like a big girl, her sight is not perfect but much better...

They both are pyramided but beautiful just the same...I look forward to their new growth coming in better....

They are a funny species....so secretive .....I know that also has to do with them being little in stature still....

I do not know how old they are for a fact but they are fun...still lots for me to learn first hand with them...but having fun...

Heeeyyyyy!!! How did the post end up in the white box??? I could never figure out how to do that! Dang I don't remember what my finger hit by mistake....oh well...sorry for the white box deal...lol

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
ascott said:
Sophia is the smaller of the two at about 5 or 6 inches ....she was bul
Code:
lied by the bigger one and she had eye issues when I took her in and a couple foot bite injuries from the bigger one...as they were housed together when they came to me....the other one Goliath is about 6-7  inches long and he is pretty funny as well....

The smaller one was not able to feed herself when she got here....she started off as an air biter....but in the last few weeks she has been completely eating like a big girl, her sight is not perfect but much better...

They both are pyramided but beautiful just the same...I look forward to their new growth coming in better....

They are a funny species....so secretive .....I know that also has to do with them being little in stature still....

I do not know how old they are for a fact but they are fun...still lots for me to learn first hand with them...but having fun...

Heeeyyyyy!!! How did the post end up in the white box??? I could never figure out how to do that! Dang I don't remember what my finger hit by mistake....oh well...sorry for the white box deal...lol

Ive never seen the white box deal before- sounds like your taking good care of them. Now that you mention sight, I dont think my big male can see very good. Is that a common thing in torts. I honestly dont know very much about that

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I know that some hatchlings have their eyesight affected by bright hot lights and that can have a lingering issue with poor sight...however, there are a lot of other things that can cause poor eyesight, lack of vitamin A in their diet, freezing temps, poor hydration...

I have the one little RF that has the less than great eye sight and also my old man CDT has poor eyesight in one eye---near no sight in that eye actually but he came to me that way....I just make sure to approach him so he can see me....no sneak ups :p

Status
Not open for further replies.