Eggs finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arlington TX.
After waiting for what seems forever I finally caught one of my females nesting. I haven't seen any of my males breed with her, but I've seen them with the other females. I guess she was bred when I wasn't around.

I was just checking for box turtle eggs since I haven't had much luck on the red-foot side of things. I was very surprised to see what I saw. This is my very first clutch of red-foots for me.

Our soil is basically sand, so she had an easy time digging. I had sprayed the enclosure down earlier that day since the temps were 100+. She laid three big eggs, but one was a dud, about the size of a marble. It rained today really hard just before dusk, so I'm hoping I might get some more in the nights to come.

100_2990.jpg

100_2994.jpg

100_3001.jpg

-Matt

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Very interesting! I got a teeny egg like that from a chicken once. I still have it, actually.

Good luck with the three big ones, and any successive layings ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
wow is that an egg on the left? Gratz and keep us updated on their progress, I am always excited when people's torts lay eggs.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I've got it in the incubator with the others. How would an egg that small still develop into a normal hatchling? I'll keep you guys updated on the progress. I've got a long wait, I'm guessing late November??

-Matt

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
I'm really excited! I just hope they're fertile. Let the waiting game begin!

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.