Elbow Scale on Redfoots

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I don't have much 'hands on' experience with Redfoots so I'd like people with the 'hands on' experience to help out here.

One of the characteristics of a Cherryhead is the unique elbow scale. Is it that unique to Cherryheads or do some other types of Redfoots have it, too?

Clear pictures of with and without the scale would be helpful.

And for those of you who have to know 'why' I am asking :p...
my little redfoot has what I think is the elbow scale. Both parents are said to be from Guyana. I do have a picture of the said mother and she looks like a Guyana redfoot and she looks like she might have the scale, too. :cool:

Thanks in advance.:D

LindaF

5 Year Member
Mark, nice info and pictures regarding the elbow scale and cherry heads.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
Thank Carl and Allegra for the photos! They were kind enough to allow me to use them.

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
LindaF said:

Right, and now how about some nice info and pictures regarding the elbow scale and NOT cherry heads?;)

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
kbaker said:
LindaF said:

Right, and now how about some nice info and pictures regarding the elbow scale and NOT cherry heads?;)

There are literally millions of good photos of non-Cherry Red-foots showing normal limbs. The 'non-spur' looks just like the rest of the leg in the 'spur' photos. No enlarged, colorful scale.

I'll get some good 'other' photos up soon for ya!

kbaker

5 Year Member
Michigan
[/quote]

There are literally millions of good photos of non-Cherry Red-foots showing normal limbs. The 'non-spur' looks just like the rest of the leg in the 'spur' photos. No enlarged, colorful scale.

I'll get some good 'other' photos up soon for ya!
[/quote]

How about some non-Cherry redfoots that do have a spur on the elbow and that scale does not look like the rest of the leg? Whether it's the same as a Cherry's or not, there is something there. Unless I get enough interest here, it's not worth my time to collect/edit/upload/post the pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.