EMERGENCY tortoise isn’t eating

Aloysius Taschse

Location (City and/or State)
Mainly Texas
Oh no! Are you sure he was dead? Sometimes they are still alive! I haven't read all the posts on this thread so Idk much about the situation. If he is in fact not alive, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Hopefully it doesn't happen again and you learned something from this accident. Again, i'm very sorry.

Crystallynda

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas
vitamin shots are terrible.
the uv bulb you use is probably a cfl bulb. not good for their eyes.
remove the bulb ASAP.
he won't exactly eat the carrot food, just continue the baby food soaks for now.
40 gallon tanks are also way too small for a RT that size.
most vets know close to nothing about tortoises. don't get any more vitamin shots for him
hope all goes well
I have a similar problem with mine too...
I took mine to the vet Myself and declined the shot! Mine eats and loves his warm baths! They have helped a lot too! He’s also on cybreess mulch and coco coir! “I spray the substrate once a day with warm water” I’m still learning a lot...but I was also worried with mine not wanting to eat...soaks have helped him and letting him be while he’s eating has also helped too! One thing I also noticed with mine was he was having problems pooping too...so I started implementing fiber with he’s feeds and soaks in warm water throughout the day...it has helped!
?? hopefully after the changes with the light and other things suggestions will help your precious tort!! ❤️